Monday, February 29, 2016

LEAP DAY! Doing nothing special.

Saturday night we went out to Roy's, an Hawaiian fusion restaurant.  Our friends Jonathan and Susan treated us, even though we were celebrating their 23rd wedding anniversary.  The restaurant was amazing!  There's actually one in Baltimore, so we hope to take Emily and Lowell to it in the summer to celebrate their second anniversary.


Yesterday was Cindy's birthday, Feb. 28.  She went on a bike ride with Ken, and we went to visit the Blue Springs State Park to view manatees with Ed and Susie.  It was sunny and in the low 70s, a perfect day for that.   Wow, the park was packed with people because there were over 150 manatees in the spring.  Gorgeous, beautiful creatures.  We enjoyed that experience very much.  It was also the first time Mark and I ever saw manages in the wild.

I won't be writing a blog tomorrow morning because we will leave at 5:30 a.m. to go to the Orlando Surgical Center. My ptosis repair surgery is scheduled for 8 a.m.  Hopefully, all will go smoothly, and we will be home by lunch time.  I have to spend two full days sleeping upright and keeping cold compresses on my eyes.  For two weeks I am not to lift anything over 10 pounds, bend over, or raise my heart rate.  I plan to stay home through most of that time and just relax.  We will probably catch up on a lot of TV.  Rudy will be arriving on March 11, so there will be some going out with him, but that will be towards the end of the two week period anyway.

I certainly plan to post some before and after shots of my eyes.

For today, Leap Day, I am just tidying up the house in the morning, including putting away laundry.  In the afternoon I will play Mah Jongg at my neighbor's house, and in the evening we are having a hot dog style picnic supper at Ed and Susie's house followed by a few rounds of Rummikub.  I need to go to bed relatively early in order to get up at 5 a.m. and on the road by 5:30.

Before posting pictures of manatees, I want to report my weight.  280 even today, so it looks like I dropped a bit again.  I had already lost down to the 279.3 that was before the last cruise, but of course I gained almost four of it back.  Glad it's gone again, but tonight's menu includes kosher hot dogs in kosher parve buns, cole slaw, potato salad, and vegetarian baked beans.  That's one of my favorite dinners of all times and high in sodium.  To prepare for that, I will try to eat light the right of the day. I would really like not to have a lot of water weight added tomorrow morning for the surgery.  I'm a little nervous about the surgery as it is because I have had only ONE surgery (parathyroid) at a weight this high.  I also have been fighting a slight head cold for a week, which could be problematic for general anesthesia.  I might call the doctor's office this morning to ask about it.  There is just a slight amount of nasal congestion and some occasional sneezing.  It's really not bad, so I hope it doesn't mean a postponement.











No comments:

Post a Comment