Thursday, February 25, 2016

Kinky Boots

It was a real pleasure to see Kinky Boots last night at the new Walt Disney Theater in the Dr. Phillips Center.  The theater was packed, and Alice picked me up in plenty of time for us to arrive with time to spare.  We sat in row G in the balcony, but right in the center.  I could not really see the actors faces too well, but the acoustics were great.  The costumes, choreography, and sets were a lot of fun.  It was energetic and just a lot of fun.  They received a standing ovation at the end.

Then we couldn't find our way back so easily to the parking lot.  We actually went in the wrong lot and wandered around.  Very few cars were there, so it was obvious Alice's car was not there.  Eventually, we realized she was parked in the lot across the street!  It was pretty funny, and I got some good exercise walking up and down the ramps in the parking lots looking for the car!  LOL

Mark is at an all day meeting today for NARFE.  He's making an hour long presentation on Legislation.  I was going to play mahj jongg, but it got cancelled.  Now I have the whole day to myself, right up to 6:30 tonight when we go to a wine tasting party at the Shopiros house tonight.

My plan is to go pick up my two prescriptions for the surgery....one at Publix and one at CVS.  I hope to take a walk around the Glendora pond because it's sunny and cool out, and I need the exercise.  Then I'm going to make chicken soup!  I love making soup.  And eating soup!  I'm actually feeling like I'm fighting off a cold, which is a disaster when surgery is coming up on Tuesday, so maybe the chicken soup is just the thing I need.

I lost one pound again yesterday, down to 282 again.  I hope walking and eating chicken soup will be good for me today.  I will have to watch myself at the party tonight.  In addition to sampling four types of white wines from New Zealand there will be all my favorite snack foods: nuts, cheeses, and crackers.




No comments:

Post a Comment