Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Treadmill Tuesday!

Yesterday, we left at 9 a.m. to run my car back up to Mullinax Ford to get the last of the three recalls done.  I can't go back until Friday morning to get it.  From the Ford dealer we ran to the bank to deposit a bunch of checks and move our accounts into the recently created Trust.  From there we went to the Cove where we had our picnic lunch and swam in the newly refurbished pool.   This was about the first day warm enough to swim.  At 1 p.m we had a rehearsal for a group that will audition for the talent show on the upcoming cruise.  At 2 p.m we had an hour break so we sat by the lake and enjoyed the view.  Mark studied his script.  At 3 we had a rehearsal of the Cove Singers for an April performance.  Then at 5:30 we were at Susie's house ready to head up to the Mardi Gras celebration of a parade, bands, and food.  Lots of fun!!!

Today I dropped Mark off at his rehearsal and then went to Nature Hair to have Nicole take the polish off my two big toes.  (I wrote about my toes a few days ago.)  She suggested I see a doctor, so I immediately went to the excellent dermatologist right in our neighborhood.  He is FABULOUS.  I was a walk-in, but he saw me in just an hour and 15 minutes of waiting.  I thought that was fine.  He said he didn't think I needed an antibiotic right away, but he sent a prescription over to the pharmacy for me to take on the cruise just in case.  He also made the case for me to see a podiatrist and get my toenails fixed as they have always curved down and grown in.  He said that as I age, my ability to heal slows, so it's best to fix it now.  I have thought about doing this my whole adult life, but I always wimped out.  Once I started doing regular pedicures every two weeks, I started to have less problems and that's been for nearly sixteen years.  Of course, when we travel, it's not always possible to do them, and as I get older or maybe unable to pay for, tolerate, or drive to the nail salon, then I'll be up a creek.  I have decided to see a podiatrist, but it's not the highest thing on the list.  First, I have the eyelid surgery to do and then another cruise!  Maybe in May....

Here are some pictures from the Mardi Gras.














No comments:

Post a Comment