Wednesday, September 21, 2016

back home and Weigh-in Wednesday

Good morning from Poinciana, FL!

We had an easy drive from Florence, SC to home yesterday with a little rain now and then but nothing that would slow us up.  We ate dinner at our own local Denny's before pulling up in our driveway at 7:30 p.m.  We unloaded the car, but we were so tired there was no unpacking or putting anything away.  Instead we just collapsed in front of the TV by 8 and sat there glued to it until 11 when we went to bed.

It was great to come home and see our house. I love our house and our community!

Today the plan is to unpack and put everything away.  Mark is also heading out around 10 this morning to do grocery shopping and pick up two months of comic books at his comic book store.  At 6:30 tonight I will head to the synagogue for the first of two choir rehearsals before the High Holidays start.  Hope those people have been practicing on their own while I've been gone.  LOL!

I am changing my official weigh-in day back to Wednesdays as of today.  I started out on Wednesdays, but somewhere along the way it changed to Mondays.  I like the alliteration of Weigh-In Wednesday, too.  So here's the report....268.5 this morning....which is three-tenths down from when we left on the trip on July 19.  Well....not the "significant weight loss" I wrote that I hoped to experience in the blog right before we left, but at least I didn't gain.  On August 17, right before we got to Evey's house, I was 261, down 7.8 pounds in that first month.  Then I started the regain process.  We ate too much during the 8 days with Evey and Eric, and once I start getting out of control, I tend to stay that way.  So, i gained that first month's weight back in the second month, and now we are home with essentially no weight loss.  Still, I'm so glad I didn't GAIN ten pounds in the two months, which I totally could have done.

Now it's Wednesday and all my meals will be at home.  There is no reason why this day won't be good, and Thursday through Saturday also involve all meals at home.  Sunday through next Thursday will have one meal out for each of those five days in a row.  Who knows what will happen then?

But at least today and through Saturday I will be eating at home and logging everything in to the Lose It! program.  With luck I can get some exercise in, too.  That was also part of the problem once we left Evey.  We really did not do much touring again combined with more sitting and more eating....not a good plan!  LOL!

Before I close for today, I will report our total mileage for the 64 day road trip....10, 043.9.  Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment