Thursday, September 22, 2016

Thursday Mah Jongg

It was so much fun to get back to playing with my Thursday ladies.  There were 10 of us, and I won two games.  What a lovely bunch of women!

Then Barb and I went to the Bistro for lunch, which was great.  The flatbread pizza and salad is back plus all the decor has changed since the last time I was there.  It was delicious and beautiful.  After lunch, we came back to the house so that I could work with her on some of the Guys and Dolls songs for a little while.

We discovered that our garage door key pad no longer worked, but fortunately, Mark came home in just a few minutes to let us in.  (I still haven't gotten my house key back from the couple who collects our mail for us while on our trip.)  He tried to change the battery, but the terminal broke off and tore the wire.  Boo.

We called our handyman, Schmiddy, who sent one of his guys out immediately.  For $100 he fixed the key pad, hung the very heavy picture of Camden Yards, and cleaned out the dryer vent.  Boy, did the vent need that cleaning!  It had been over a year since we had it done.  I have been wanting the vent cleaned and the picture hung for a long time, so it was good to get it all completed this afternoon.  That was some service Schmiddy provided!

Now Mark and I can just stay home and relax the rest of the day.

Lowell and Emily gave me this jigsaw puzzle several years ago.  Once I finished it,  I had it framed at Michael's Crafts.

It looks terrific over the French doors to the lanai in the dining room.

No comments:

Post a Comment