Thursday, September 15, 2016

Back "Home"

Last night we pulled in to Cindy's house about 9:10 p.m.  It was only the second time on this trip that we had driven so long and so far that we had to drive in the dark, but it was all on roads we knew.  Coming to the Baltimore area and specifically to Cindy's house is like coming home.  Her house and her hospitality are so wonderful that we truly feel at home here.

We left the Oresky house around 9:15 a.m. and headed to Weston, WV to visit my step-mother and my dad's grave.  After we had a nice visit with Jackie, we headed to Cumberland and paid our respects to my mother's grave before heading to Cindy's house.

Today is going to be full of shopping and some catch-up chores before hosting Lowell and Ken (Cindy's boyfriend) for a Texas chili dinner.

At my dad's grave


Great plaque of slate made for Jackie by my sister Flyn.  Ours is cowboy Mickey and Minnie!

Me and Jackie.  She looks great at 83.

Back in Maryland!


At my mother's grave in Cumberland

No comments:

Post a Comment