Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Guardians, NARFE, and close to goal.

Today we are going with the Disney Fan Club to see the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie at the Dine-In Theater.  I have already looked at their menu online, and they have calorie counts!  WOW!  Their menu is HIGH in calories on almost anything.  There are several fish or vegetarian choices including a veggie burger and fish tacos.  I'm not having either of those because they are over my daily calorie allotment, even the one the phone app gives me!

I have already chosen to have the Crispy Brussel Sprouts appetizer for 230 calories and the Caprese Flatbread appetizer for 670 calories.  Those are basically the two lowest calorie things on the menu.  That makes lunch 900 calories, plus an unknown amount of sodium.

For breakfast, I cut 40 calories out by eating only vegetarian sausage links at 160 calories.  For dinner, we are going to go to Subway.  I always order a double meat turkey salad (one of only two times I allow myself non-kosher meat in restaurants because it's the healthiest choice) and take a bag of Baked Lay's chips with it.  That is a total of 320 calories for dinner.  Adding a banana for a late night snack brings my total up to 1485 calories.  That's less than the phone says I can have, but more than I have been having.  Oh well, there is a chance we will have time to go to the hotel pool this afternoon. If we do, I will do a water aerobics routine and burn some of those calories.

After the movie, we will be checking in to the hotel for the convention.  I'm packing breakfast, Fiber One Cereal and yogurt, for the two mornings.  Lunch is included with the convention, and we really have no idea what it will be.  Dinner Wednesday is a "banquet" that is prepaid, so that's something we can't control either.  Thursday's dinner will be at home.  I anticipate my calories to be close to 2000 each of the next two days because of those lunches and dinners.  Hopefully, it will keep me at the same weight and not add much.  I'll post Friday morning what my weight is.

My weigh-in is today instead of tomorrow because I'm not going to pack the scale for this trip.  This morning I weighed an even 280 for a loss of 6.3 pounds this week.  That's an amazing loss, so it's pretty exciting.  I attribute it to the lower calorie count and the increased exercise.  If today, Wednesday, and Thursday are a bit higher in calories and lower in exercise, I'm hoping that Friday through next Tuesday will undo it; however, it's going to be very hard.

It's going to be a challenging week. We are having a big meal on Friday night with friends Sandy and Bruce coming over.  Mark is making crock pot short ribs with pressure cooker corn risotto and steamed string beans.  Sandy is bring homemade challah.  What a great dinner that will be!  Saturday night we are attending a Swing Dance event with friends in Solivita.  There is no food other than what you might bring yourself, but there's a cash bar.  I had better not drink!  Sunday is Mother's Day with a big brunch at the Contemporary Resort with the DVC group.  Mark has taken me to many of these, and there will be MUCH overeating plus unlimited free mimosas.  Monday night is Shalom Club Movie Night and dinner.  The dinner is kosher hot dogs, chips, cookies, and soda.  OY!  Such fun and such calories.

So next Wednesday's weigh-in should be very, very interesting.  I fully expect to report a gain next week, but I will do my best to keep that gain as small as possible.  Today I am so close to that first goal of hitting 279.  I actually thought I might have hit it today, but I'll happily take this six pound loss.

The week after next has all my meals at home with one exception.  That Tuesday night we are having dinner at Skipper's Canteen at Magic Kingdom with friends Barb and Al.  At least all the walking around MK should help burn that off!

I'm not going to take this computer to the hotel, so there will be no more blogs until Friday morning.  I'll report my weight then and a bit about the convention.


No comments:

Post a Comment