Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Losing control; needing to find it.

I last reported a weight of 280 last Tuesday morning before heading out to the convention.  That was the beginning of seven straight days of overeating, and during those seven days, I have gained seven pounds.  Ridiculous.  Tomorrow will be the official weigh-in report, but there is no way that I am going to drop all seven pounds today.  287 was the reported weight on April 26, so I have undone three weeks worth of work in one.  It's so depressing to see how fast I can gain weight back.

I ate out a lot of meals this past week, which I knew would happen and reported in advance.  Unfortunately, I did not exercise control or restraint in the restaurants or other meals that presented opportunities for overeating, like Friday night with the delicious, home baked challah our friend brought..  Also once overeating starts, I get out of control at home.  I started roaming the kitchen and eating too much of whatever I could find, like Corn Flakes out of the box last night.

Regaining control is very difficult once it is lost.

Today I have the opportunity to get back on track.  I have no meals to eat out for five straight days, and I need to really make the most of that opportunity.  Sunday we will be eating lunch at the Flower and Garden Festival kiosks, and Tuesday night we are having dinner at the Skipper's Canteen at Magic Kingdom.  Those two meals could absolutely undo everything I might lose in the next five days, but I shall report that weight next Wednesday no matter what.  Tomorrow morning I will report my weight, and that will be the official weigh-in number for the week.  I fervently hope it will be at least one or two less than this morning.

Meanwhile, I am going to attempt very hard today to get back on track.  We are going to water aerobics this morning and then up to BJs to buy our usual paper products.

Here are some pictures from Mother's Day brunch and Epcot on Sunday.














No comments:

Post a Comment