Sunday, May 7, 2017

Into the Woods

I'm excited for this afternoon because we are going up to the Garden Theater in Winter Garden to see the final show of the season, Into the Woods.  We have never seen it live, only the movie version.  I loved the movie version, and I'm really looking forward to this performance today.  The six shows of the Garden Theater season this year were all excellent, so that's why we bought the season passes for next year!

Our theater mates, Susie and Ed G, are currently on a three week tour of South Africa and other countries, so we are going on our own.  That means we don't have to eat lunch out!  Usually we go to the Thai Blossom, a block from the theater.  Last time Ed was tired of eating there, so we went to a little sandwich shop on the same block.  This time, Mark and I are going to save money and calories and carbs by eating our lunch in the car as we drive up to the theater.

Yesterday we went to shul and then read books and watched TV the rest of the day.  We had a double feature: Green Card followed by Guardians of the Galaxy. On Tuesday we will go with the Disney Fan Club to see the new Guardians movie, so now we feel ready.

What I did NOT do yesterday was exercise.  We talked about it.  The weather was spectacular, low humidity, upper 70s, breezy, perfect for an outdoor walk.  We were just plain lazy.  Mark took a two and a half hour nap in the middle of the afternoon.  When he emerged from the bedroom at 5 p.m. walking was not something he felt like doing.  I only slept twenty minutes from 2:40 to 3 p.m. and could have gone out walking by myself at any time.  Instead I watched Thursday night's episode of Amazing Race on the computer and read a lot of my book.  I guess neither of us was motivated to exercise yesterday.

I did eat right.  My calorie total for Friday was 1276 even with a 246 calorie margarita. Yesterday I ate 1210 calories, including a delicious treat of a peppermint stick that comes as a bonus inside the Arbuckle's coffee bag.  (Now that's another story.)

I am now very close to that first mini-goal.  I weighed 280 even this morning!  Whoo Whoo!

Today Mark is making fish and chips with cole slaw for dinner.  That is one of my all time favorite things to order in restaurants, or at least it used to be.  In a restaurant that meal would top 1000 calories easily, probably more.  In the magazine Diabetic Living, the entire meal is only 366 thanks to portion control and low carb recipes.  I can't wait!

My total calories for today, assuming I don't change anything as the day goes on, will be 1129.

Because of the convention this upcoming week, I am going to report my "official" weight for the week on Tuesday just because it's going to be a pain in the neck to take the scale to the hotel at the convention.  I am hoping that I can be below 279 on Tuesday morning.  Wouldn't that be something!

One thing this past week or so has proven to me is that I can still lose weight, even at this age, as long as the calories are averaging in the 1200 range and the exercise increases a bit.  Apparently 1500-1600 calories might be a maintenance amount of calories or possibly just a much slower weight loss than two pounds per week.  I need to be motivated with faster weight loss, so I'm quite happy with the 1200 calories that I've been doing since Wednesday.  I have averaged 1200 calories for four days and dropped six pounds.  I know that will not continue because my body was most likely hanging on to some of those pounds the four days before that for its own unknown-to-me reason!

Anyway, I'm very happy this morning with the weigh loss, going to the theater this afternoon, and life in general.


No comments:

Post a Comment