Thursday, May 4, 2017

Holy Cow

Yesterday I did everything i said I would.  My total calories were only 1175, and I exercised for 40 minutes doing 20 on eight different weight machines and then 20 minutes on the treadmill.

I got up to pee literally every hour last night.  I went to bed at 11:30 and got up at 12:30, 1:30, 2:30, 3:30, 4:30, and 6:45.  Not much sleep, but I was rewarded with a three pound weight loss at last.

This morning my weight is 283.3!

Yes!  That is what I weighed last Saturday morning before the craziness started.  It could be that the extra strict, extra busy day yesterday forced the body to give it up.  Who really knows.  Not me.

Today we are taking a friend to the airport and then heading to Animal Kingdom.  We will eat our own packed lunch in the car as we drive to the theme park.  At 1 p.m. we are joining other members of the Solivita Disney Fan Club to take the Elephant Encounter tour, an hour long backstage tour of the safari elephants.  We will get closer to them than the safari vehicles get.  Our guide will talk to us about their care and feeding, and there should be plenty of great photo ops.

Then at 5:45 Mark will have his CT scan of the brain to see if it shows any reason why he's been having headaches since early March.  They were very sharp, stabbing, and intense for the first three weeks of March, but in April they have subsided, coming with less intensity and less frequency but leaving an odd achy feeling in between the stabs of pain.  It's weird, so the family doctor has called for the CT scan. I will certainly post the results of his test here when we get them.

I joked with him that we will finally find out if he is or is not the Wizard of Oz Scarecrow!  In other words, does he really have a brain? LOL

It's going to be a long, beautiful day.  I hope yours is great, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment