Tuesday, May 23, 2017

WDW days

I haven't written in nearly a week.  I was going to wait until tomorrow to make the official weight report, but I have a lot of pictures to post already and more will be taken today.  We spent about eight hours on Sunday at Epcot for the Flower and Garden Festival, and today we are spending about the same amount of time at Magic Kingdom with friends Barb and Al.  We will have dinner at the Jungle Cruise Skippers' Canteen, ride four or five rides, and stay for the new fireworks show at 9 p.m.

Meanwhile, I have behaved myself for the most part this week, so this morning I weighed 280.6.  That's down six and a half pounds from Wednesday.  I am not too worried about tonight's dinner out because I am eating my breakfast and lunch at home and there will be miles and miles of walking to mitigate the dinner calories.  If the sodium in dinner doesn't get me, tomorrow's official report should look pretty good.

Yesterday I finally got an eye exam to get new glasses.  I picked out pretty new frames, so I'm looking forward to getting them and being able to see better.  Without my glasses, I am only 20/400!  That's ridiculous.  With my new glasses, I will be about 20/40, which is about as good as it can get for me anymore.  They didn't announce what I was with my old glasses, but I know he made the new prescription much stronger because they said the lenses would not be as thin and light as the current ones are.  These are two and a half years old, so I REALLY needed a new prescription.

Meanwhile, here are some pictures from the Flower and Garden Festival on Sunday.

Always like to find the Stitch topiary.  This year it was outside the big gift shop, Mousegears.

Lightening McQueen from the Cars movies.

Cruz Ramira, a new character for the upcoming third Cars movie.


I always love the floating gardens in the lake.




At certain angles and times of day, the reflection of the flowers on the banks into the water of the lake is amazing.  This is always my absolutely favorite thing to look for at the festival.

Crabless cakes for our first little lunch entree.  Delicious.  



Eating our next entree from the UK pavilion back by the concert area.

Salmon tartare on cheese-herb biscuit and a lemon scone.

I think the British maze would be more challenging if I was shorter!  LOL



Ultimately, our goal was to attend the Herman's Hermits concert.  Peter Noone is still an awesome performer.






While looking at the dragon topiary in China, Mark noticed the exhibit on Shanghai Disneyland, so of course we had to spend some time in there!




Eating Chinese veggie spring rolls in Norway.  Is that even allowed?  LOL

Mark really wanted to find these guys in Mexico, and we had almost given up.  The Three Caballeros are his favorites.

What a happy guy once we found them!

No comments:

Post a Comment