Thursday, May 25, 2017

Weigh in report a day late

I was super busy yesterday cleaning the house and preparing for a play reading club at our house last night.  That went very, very well even if two people did "forget" they said they would come.  We had 9 people total and read three 25 minute old radio dramas: a Gunsmoke, an Our Miss Brooks, and an Adventures of Sam Spade.  Everyone had a blast and had plenty of parts to read.  We actually met two new people who were great readers!  The side benefit was that all the stacks of magazines and papers piled up on the coffee table are now GONE!  Sorted it all out and threw most of it away.

Meanwhile, I weighed 281.5 this morning, a loss of five and a half pounds.  That did not get rid of all the seven I gained last week, but it wasn't bad.  I had the big dinner at the restaurant at Magic Kingdom on Tuesday plus I had almonds and a little donut for a snack at the play reading last night.  My calories yesterday were about 1700, and there's no way to know how many I had on Tuesday.

I did one thing very poorly at the restaurant, and it's something that I have thought about and talked about many times on this blog.  When I go to a restaurant, there are really five things that can come to the table: alcoholic drinks, bread baskets, appetizers, entrees, and desserts.  When I'm trying to lose weight, I have said time and time again that any TWO of those is all I should ever have.  So an entree and ONE other item, and if that item is dessert, only eat three or four bites at most.  Well, guess what I did.  That's right!  I had all FIVE and ate it ALL.  Yup.  That's how I roll.

Oh, well...water under the bridge.  There were nearly four miles of walking over 10 hours at the Magic Kingdom.  I was hurting pretty badly as we got back to the car at 11:25 p.m., so I figured that must have burned up some of that meal.

Today will be a normal Thursday. I 'll be playing Mah Jongg this morning and going to the Solivita free movie in the evening.  In between I will be putting clothes away and reading my book.  All my meals will be at home and planned perfectly.  There should be no reason to overeat. It will be a great day!

Here are pictures from the Magic Kingdom with our friends Barb and Al.

Met Al and Barb at Town Square and scored a rocking chair on the porch for a little while, one of my favorite things.

Walking up main street, Mark and Al were talking about the names of the people on the windows above the stores.  They were all people important to Disney in the creation of the parks and the studios.

We rode Haunted Mansion and then had our pictures taken by the photo pass  person.

Skipper Canteen was our dinner venue.



Riding Jungle Cruise


No comments:

Post a Comment