Saturday, May 14, 2011

Busy, busy, busy





This blogger page was having a problem the last two days, so it has not been possible to post a new entry. Finally, this morning things look like they are back to normal. I'm in a bit of a hurry this morning, and I have two days of activities to cover. I'm just warning you that this could be a very boring blog, full of "we did this and we did that," and not full of anything really interesting to anyone else. Read on at your own risk! LOL

Thursday we had a most wonderful day, doing everything we planned to do. I went to my cancer support group in the morning. There were only 3 other ladies, but we were a congenial group and had an hour of pleasant conversation. Then we took our first BJs run. Solivita offered a good deal to join, so we did. Back in Maryland we never belonged to those kinds of club stores because we never would buy in bulk. Still it seemed like too good a deal to pass up. We got a few "staples" in large quantities and wrote down some prices of other things to make a comparison for next time. I also splurged and bought myself an iHome, a clock/radio and docking station/player for the iPod and iPhone. My old clock/radio had sort of died, so this looked like a great new toy. I haven't set it up yet, but hopefully I'll have the time on Monday. We followed this "strenuous" hour of wandering the big aisles in BJs by an hour of splashing in the pool and then dinner at Lakeside for free wine. I had pan seared grouper, steamed broccoli, and a side salad with no dressing. Pretty low calories, I think. We also had met another couple from Solivita while I was getting my mani/pedi Wednesday afternoon. I invited her and her husband to join us for dinner, and they did! Turns out they are both retired federal employees, so Mark enjoyed their company very much.

Friday we decided to do our Sunday routine since we won't be able to do it Sunday. We started off at 9 a.m. with our weight lifting routine, then went to see the new movie, Thor, at Downtown Disney. I highly recommend it! It was better than I expected. After that, we had a delicious lunch at the nearby Qdoba. Mark had not been to this Qdoba yet, so he had fun. I chose from the "Create 2" menu, which are two things in smaller portions. I got tortilla soup and a naked burrito with very little rice. I hope the calories weren't too bad. Then we headed to Epcot for the final concert of the Flower Power series, Herman's Hermits. They were amazing! The place was packed. I might have insisted on staying for the other two shows last night except that it was Shabbat, so we needed to get home. On the way out, we stopped at the Pixar exhibit and saw some interesting facts about the movies and lots of characters posing for pictures. It started to rain as we got to the tram, so it was good that we were heading out, tired but happy.

Today and tomorrow we are going to the Contemporary Resort near the Magic Kingdom for the D23 convention. D23 is a special Disney Fan Club that Mark joined as a charter member. This is the first time we have been able to attend the annual convention, so he is especially excited about it this morning. Like any convention, there will be lectures, panels, vendors, movies, and special guests. It should be a fascinating weekend. I guess I'll let you know next time.

Before we go this morning, I have to put some canned food in a bag and hang it on the mailbox. The postal department is going to pick it up and give it to local food banks. I hope all of you are doing the same wherever you are. I'm pretty sure this is a national event.

Enjoy your weekend no matter what you are doing. In fact, why not post a comment and tell me what you are doing!

1 comment:

  1. I love the juxtaposition: "We started off at 9 a.m. with our weight lifting routine, then went to see the new movie, Thor..."

    What was your weightlifting routine -- enchanted hammer curls?

    ReplyDelete