Monday, May 16, 2011

D23 Convention





D23 is a very special Disney fan club. Mark is a charter member, so he took me as his guest to their convention at The Contemporary Resort this weekend. It was truly amazing. We heard lots of speakers, ate delicious food, and heard Richard Sherman perform a lot of his hit songs, written with his brother Roger. What a great weekend! If you have never heard of Richard and Roger Sherman, get the documentary The Boys and watch it. You won't be disappointed.

Today we slept in until 9 a.m., so the day flew by. We had our follow up appointments with our new family doctor. We had been turned off by him on our first visit in March, but both Mark and I agreed that he was more personable this time. He was pleased that I had lost about four pounds in the last two months, so I was pleased with that, too. I have been having some spells of feeling light-headed, off balance, as if I might pass out or fall. These have been happening a lot in the last two or three weeks, so when I mentioned them to him, he took it very seriously. He checked my strength in my arms and legs and checked my ears. Nothing wrong there. He wants me to have a CT scan of my head and see him in a month. I have no problem with doing that. He wants to be sure there is nothing seriously wrong inside before deciding how to deal with it. I have been thinking it is low blood pressure, so when it happens, sometimes I drink more water and try to eat a salty snack. My BP when the nurse took it the first time was my usual 114/69, very normal. Then the nurse took it lying down, 134/79 and then standing up, 147/85. I was actually surprised that it kept going up, so I guess my idea of low BP might be wrong. Anyway I will be scheduling a head CT scan soon and see him again on July 7. I'll also be telling my rad onc and med onc that this is happening when I see them on June 1 and 3.

We did a few other errands and also managed to get our weight lifting in. We had a lovely Facetime iphone conversation with our friends Bev and John in VA, although sadly they called to tell us the bad news that John's brother had been killed in a motorcycle accident. Mark also made a delicious HG dinner of little sliders with broccoli and salad. My calories today are excellent, just about 1,000 for the day. Nice.

Tomorrow we are driving to the Tampa area for a visit with Mark's former co-worker and her husband. It will be a bittersweet visit because her husband is suffering with Lou Gehrig's disease. We plan to take them a little "Disney magic."

1 comment:

  1. Becky,
    My computer isn't fixed yet, but I am using another one for a quick note. First of all the picture of you and Mark is so cute! Your hair is really growing. I am glad that you had fun at the convention. I will look up about those two men because I have never heard of them. I am glad that you are getting the CAT scan of your head. Hopefully it will show that there are no problems. It makes me feel confident in your new PCP that he is being so careful with you. I hope that you have a good visit with Mark's friend and her husband. I think that it will be nice for them to get some visitors. It seems like people are afraid to visit others who are very ill because they don't always know what to say. You both will help this husband and wife feel less isolated I am sure. Have a good day today.

    ReplyDelete