Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Where should I start?

I have not blogged for a few days, which I know upsets certain of my readers. I apologize. I have been so busy!!

Let me start with the Tuesday weigh-in. I exercised a LOT this week, and I ate well most of the time. I am 248.4 this morning, which is a loss of four pounds. I'm pleased but not too excited. I basically had gained that in water weight from Passover, so I'm back where I was a few weeks ago. Now the trick is to get more off, but it will be challenging. This week includes a quick weekend trip by air to MD. It will include a big dinner Friday night at the home of our hosts, Jeff and Sara, a big luncheon Saturday afternoon at the synagogue, and a big dinner out Saturday night at Timpanos in Rockville with Lowell and Emily. I know that it's possible to eat appropriately during these events, but I'm not always able to control myself. I'll let you know next Tuesday when I weigh in again about how successful I have been.

We had a great time on Sunday. We drove out to St. Petersburg again to Tropicana Field to see the Tampa Bay Rays lose to the Los Angeles Angels. It was a good game, lots of action. It's a nice stadium and an easy drive out there.

Then on Monday we did a lot of errands and exercise. We did our 9 weight machines and walked 30 minutes in the indoor track. I went a mile and a half in that time and Mark went two miles in about 34 minutes. I also went to play Mah Jongg for the first time with my neighbors! Every Monday from 1-4 p.m., Maureen, the lady two doors to my right, hosts Mahj. My immediate neighbor to my left, Luanne, my neighbor to the right, Jeanne, and I were there as well as another neighbor from our street and a lady from a nearby street, Lou and Evelyn. The six of us played on two tables of three. I actually won four times, which is pretty unusual for me. It was also unusual in that it was my first time with the new 2011 card, and I won three of those games on the exact same hand: consecutive run, 1-5, in cracks. That just NEVER happens!!

All in all, it was a great day. Mark started to assemble one of the last two pieces of furniture. He has two dressers for the bedroom to replace the big armoire that got crushed in the moving van. It's a lot of steps, and he is about three-quarters of the way done. It's going to look great! I know he'll be so happy to have storage for his clothes instead of big piles on the floor.

Today is another day for chores, but we are also going to go to a class called Beginner Line Dancing for some aerobic exercise this afternoon. I hope we can keep up and do it without looking too foolish!! Tonight we are planning to have dinner at the Stonegate Grille in Solivita. Their May specials include Fish Tacos on Tuesday nights.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your weight loss. It sounds like you are having some very good times at your new home. I am glad for you. It's exciting that you get to see your son this weekend. Have a good trip to Maryland. Keep up the excellent exercise record.

    ReplyDelete