Sunday, October 9, 2011

Building the Ark

Wow! This is the heaviest, steadiest, and longest-lasting rain that has happened since we moved down here. It started yesterday morning and has not let up. There is flooding in some areas but fortunately not in ours. Because of the rain, we have decided to forget going over to Downtown Disney for a movie and just stay indoors all day. So far, I have worked on my puzzle, read my book, and ate Mark's homemade low-carb pancakes with scrambled eggs and veggie sausage links. Now we are watching Bambi on a very old VHS tape. It will be good to stay in and catch up on some of the many TV shows we missed this past week.

Yesterday my Yom Kippur fast seemed to be the easiest one I remember. For once I didn't get a caffeine (actually LACK thereof) headache in the middle of the day. This new shul doesn't skip a thing in the prayer book and completed two sections of the service, the Avodah and Martyrology, that our other shul regularly skipped over. On the other hand, they did not read the long list of names during Yizkor. Anyway, we didn't get out of shul until 8 p.m. The heavy rain turned our 45 minute drive into an hour, but we still drove home in the middle of the day. We had a three hour break from 2 to 5, so we went home to nap and change clothes. I was freezing all day, so I put on a lot of warm things to go back for the last three hours.

When it was over, we wanted to go to Olive Garden since it was close by and I had a $25 gift card, but the wait was 40 minutes. No, thank you. We were too hungry to wait for that, so we walked to the Denny's next door where there was no wait at all. I had my usual senior tilapia dinner and added the new petite key lime pie dessert with a scoop of ice cream. After you eat nothing all day, I figured those extra calories couldn't hurt. I was down two pounds today, but I think that's because I was so empty inside! LOL!!

Since we now have this long drive to and from shul, we actually talked about booking two nights into a Disney hotel next Yom Kippur so the drive will be shorter! Only Disney nuts like us would consider that. LOL.

1 comment: