Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Made it to Maryland

We had a busy day yesterday getting ready to get to the train. Once we got on the nearly empty train, we totally just sank into the chairs and relaxed. Dinner was fantastic. I had lemon pepper cod with rice and mixed vegetables followed by cheesecake. Mark had a huge plate of veggie lasagna and sugar free jello. Both dinners were just delicious. Then they run a nice movie in the lounge car. Last night it was The Perfect Game about the only perfect little league game back in the 1950s by a Mexican team. It was a fantastic movie, plus they serve unlimited coffee, fruit, and cookies.

Because the car was so empty, we were encouraged to spread out all we wanted in our coach car. I took the seat behind Mark to sleep, so we both could spread out. I didn't sleep as good as at home in bed, but I didn't do too badly either. The train arrived early at the station; we got our car by 10 a..m. and headed to Maryland.

Since we were in no hurry to get to the Rosen house, we did several little errands and some shopping on the way. We also treated ourselves to a delicious kosher lunch at Max's in Silver Spring. I think it's been years since I was in there, and it brought back some delightful memories.

Once we got to the Rosen's house, we hauled all our stuff inside and promptly fell asleep. This is when I discovered how tired I really was. I slept on the couch for two solid hours! Jeff came home eventually, and he served us a fantastic dinner that he had prepared. Wonderful times!

I didn't bring my scale with me on this trip, so I'll probably be very upset when I get home. I'm going to try to behave, but it's not going to be easy! I was 252.2 Tuesday morning. I wrote that down in my book, so when we get back I can see what's up. I'm not happy about being in the 250s the last several weeks. I really can't blame it all on the Arimidex because I know I'm overeating most of the time and doing no exercise. I know what I need to do and don't do it. That was the whole point of that "bridging the gap" blog I wrote a week or so ago. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a good train trip. I am thinking of you and hope the eating goes alright for you on the vacation and that you have a wonderful time. Maybe you'll get some time to have some fun with exercise.

    I got a wonderful surprise today. My 21 year old son asked me to walk with him Saturday on the 5k Race for the Cure walk. He is doing it for a school project. Even though I've had cancer for a long time I've never walked in the Race for the Cure. I've always worked and then last year I didn't feel like doing it. What better way to do it for the first time than with my own son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda,
    That is fantastic news that you are going to do the 5k walk with your son. I think it's a wonderful mother/son bonding thing and great that you are physically able to do this.

    When I lost a lot of weight in 2009, I wanted to do a public 5k. I had been walking every day and worked up to doing a 5k in the neighborhood every Sunday. It took me an hour and 10 minutes. I was going to do the Komen walk in Baltimore last October but the chemo came instead. Now I've not been walking and could not go that far.

    I've done several two mile walks for breast cancer, but I never did a 5k. Once again you have inspired me! I will do my best to get it together and walk more. Maybe next October I can do the Komen 5k somewhere. We'll see.

    Meanwhile have a fantastic time with your son and tell me all about it!

    ReplyDelete