Friday, January 13, 2012

Food diaries






For anyone who reads the blog but didn't get the cruise photos, I added a few more to the blog today. I included the photos with my neighbors that I accidentally ran into on the dock of Falmouth, Jamaica. First I found Lou and Mark (in the white shirt), then I found Maureen and Don. I thought that was just crazy that since we did not know our ships would be in the same port on the same day and that between the two ships there were 8000 passengers, we still found each other!

I wrote down everything I ate for the 970 calories on Wednesday. Yesterday I did the same. It's good to write everything down because it's a way of being accountable and thinking about everything that's going in your mouth. Because we ate dinner out last night at Lakeside, I had to estimate some of the calories on the dinner plate, but we did not have bread, appetizers, or dessert. I ordered a side salad, grilled tilapia with roast red potatoes and a zucchini/onion medley. Mark had the same, but his tilapia came with a tomato caper sauce that looked full of cream and calories. I was glad I left it off, plus I hate capers!

So here's yesterday's food diary:
BREAKFAST: 3 Morningstar sausage links, 120 calories
LUNCH: baby carrots out of the bag, 50
can of low sodium tuna, 140
cup of low sodium soup, 100
DINNER: 8 ounces of white zinfandel, 160
green salad w/croutons, no dressing, est 75
grilled tilapia, estimated 200
roast red potatoes, est 150
boiled zucchini with onions and peppers, est. 30
SNACK: 3 sugar free jellos, 30
medium banana, 105
2 sugar free popsicles, 30
TOTAL: 1190

That's another great day.

Mark definitely hid the scale, so no sneak peaks to see if I'm losing. Yesterday was so busy that I did not get any exercise in, so that wasn't so good.

Today we have plans to go to the gym for the weight machines, which takes about 20-25 minutes to do. We also hope to get a 30 minute walk completed. There are some last minute things to buy at the store and some cooking to do this afternoon for the weekend's fun. At 4 p.m. we should be picking Kip and Denise up in Kissimmee at the car rental place where they are dropping off their car after driving in from Savannah, GA. Then the fun really begins! If I don't have time to write a blog for the next two days, please forgive me. I will catch you up and post pictures when I have time. Have a good Shabbat and a fabulous weekend wherever you are and whatever you are doing.

2 comments:

  1. Becky,

    This is just a test post because if it goes through, I'll be surprised. I've been trying to post replies here for a long time and they just aren't going through.

    Hugs,
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it worked this time. I wanted to say something to give you encouragement. You have the knowledge and skills to do this weight loss thing. You've been there before. I think retiring and moving to a new community, one where there are so many opportunities for a carefree, relaxed lifestyle where there is no structure, would be very difficult. You will get it all straightened out yet. I have faith in you. And, Mark is a wonderful encourager so I know he is helping.

    If it makes you feel any better (which, you being the kind, loving person you are, it won't) but I have gained back all my weight I lost during chemo. My blood pressure had become well under control after the weight loss and just this week, my Dr. had to put me back on meds. for hypertension because I gained the 25 pounds back. I'm bummed about that but with our kitchen all tore up for the remodel, it has been hard to eat nothing but junk food. I mean, I'm doing dishes in the bathroom for heaven's sake. And only am able to do basic cooking so we are grabbing food out a lot. Once we get past this and I get my kitchen back, I can change things. My husbands diet has to be different from mine because of his blood clotting disorder so it is extremely difficult for me right now. So, I guess what I'm saying is I am right there with you, battling the weight issues. I understand what you are dealing with and we both will get past this and get our weight under control.

    Hugs,
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete