Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Weigh-in Wednesday was Wonderful!

Yes, it's been a good week, down EIGHT AND A HALF pounds. I knew I was down four in the first day, the four from the cruise, but I'm very excited about the other four and a half. I did most of the things I knew I should do, with just a few meals that were more than I needed. The overall effect for the week was still just wonderful!

Now I'm about to start up the next week. It will include many challenging meals. Today Mark and I are celebrating our belated 36th anniversary with a day at Epcot and a night at the Polynesian Resort at WDW. My breakfast this morning at home is the usual, 240 calories. Lunch today will be at Chefs de France in Epcot; dinner will be at the Kona Cafe restaurant at the Polynesian. Tomorrow morning breakfast will also be at the Kona Cafe in the Polynesian; lunch is yet to be determined. In the late afternoon our friends Michael and Lore are stopping by for the night on their way to the Miami area. We will be having dinner out with them at Lakeside for "Free Wine Thursday," like we always do. So that's five meals coming up that present the challenge of eating out. We are also eating dinner out on Sunday with friends Barbara and Al at one of our favorite places, Trail's End Buffet at Fort Wilderness. Despite Mark's constant admonition that "the buffet is your friend," I think the buffet is NOT my friend! It calls me for seconds and thirds, and this buffet has Rice Krispie treats on the dessert bar that are just screaming out at me to take them. The anti-oxidant cocktail, one of my all-time favorite drinks, is also served there.

I want to thank Mark for helping me with the diet. He had hidden the scale while I was gone on the cruise. Of course, that's the right thing to do. I was really excited to get on it this morning and see that big loss. He also encouraged me to go to the gym for the weights three days plus do some aerobic exercise like walking or mini-golf most days of the week. It also didn't hurt that the last two nights have included long rehearsals for Starliters, which started off with an hour for a medley that involves choreography and movement. Every bit of movement helps.

Today Mark and I will eat lunch and dinner out, but we will also be walking all over Epcot. That's got to help. I'm very excited to spend today with the love of my life celebrating the great decision that I made on December 28, 1974 when I said a resounding YES when he asked me. We got married exactly 51 weeks later on December 21, 1975.

Lately we have been watching a lot of our old home movies from Beta and VHS tapes as we transfer them to digital. It's been really warming our hearts as we watch our beautiful children when they were little. We have had a great life together, and we sure made some great kids! Watching them as little ones has literally brought tears to my eyes as I sat on the couch watching. They were so adorable. I miss those little kids, but I sure do love the adults they have become as well.

Evey was right that we needed to start the digitizing process ASAP. One of the old home movie tapes broke right after we put it in the machine. Now we'll never know what was on that one. I know years and years ago another tape broke in our old machine when it was dying. That's two old Beta tapes, over four hours of content, that we will never be able to recover. So sad. Still, we are determined to digitize the rest, a tape a day, until they are done.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your weight loss! I am so proud of your accomplishment. Keep up the good work. I am getting ready to go walking at our mall. Have a good rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete