Monday, January 23, 2012

MK time with Barb and Al

Sunday was so much fun. After we had our Purim Shpiel rehearsal, we headed to the Magic Kingdom to meet up with Barbara and Al. Barbara went to Sheepshead Bay High School with Mark, even the same graduating class. Now yesterday, they discovered they also went to the same junior high, Cunningham Junior High. No wonder they get along!

We met them in Adventureland and immediately hopped onto one of our favorite rides, Pirates of the Caribbean. Mark and I had not ridden it in a few months, and never with Barb and Al. I really enjoyed going through it last night with them. Then we walked the long way out of Adventureland, through Frontierland and Liberty Square. As we were crossing over towards the castle, there was a show going on with the characters. We stood by the fence and watched it. Nice. At that point it was time to catch the boat over to Fort Wilderness. None of us remembered riding in the "big" boat before, so we ran right up and got the first two benches in the bow of the ship. Wow! I love boat rides, so this was a lot of fun. It gave us a nice view of the back of the Contemporary, the now closed River Country, Discovery Island, and then docking at Fort Wilderness.

Since we were a little early for our dinner reservation, we had some time to wander around and just enjoy the ambiance. Barbara and Al had not eaten at Trail's End Buffet before, so they were pretty excited to do that. It's one of our favorites, so we were also excited. I tried to watch what I ate as much as possible in a buffet. I didn't have any bread, but I did have a small bowl of soft ice cream for dessert. I had planned to take a Rice Krispie treat, since that was the first place I had ever had one, but they didn't have any last night. HUH. What's up with that? I did not have any alcohol either. All in all, I think I ate less at that buffet last night than usual, but that's not saying much because I still ate way too many calories for one meal, I'm sure.

After dinner, we caught the same boat back and sat in the same seats, even though in the dark it was a little chilly. The best thing was that the timing was perfect for watching the fireworks from the boat. They started shortly after we left the dock and ended as we were disembarking and heading to the monorail to start the trip home. What a fantastic day!

Today I will go to the gym for the weight and walk on the treadmill. From 1-4 I will Mah Jongg with my neighbors, and at 5 I need to be at the Starliters rehearsal, which will run until 9 p.m. Long day, but it's going to be a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment