Saturday, January 21, 2012

Fun with Friends

Although Michael and Lore's visit was brief, we had a great time. Dinner out Thursday night, breakfast at the house Friday morning, some time at the pool, lunch out, and then they were off to continue their vacation in the Miami area. We have invited them to come back and stay longer next time.

In the evening Mark and I attended a concert by singer Martin Gallagher. He donated his time for this benefit concert for the American Cancer Society. We had no idea what to expect, but the room was packed and everyone had a great time. He even encouraged dancing during the second half. He sang an eclectic mix of songs, and he had a truly excellent voice. I enjoyed listening to him, and Mark and I even danced a few slow dances. It was a lovely evening.

Today it's going to be 80 and sunny. We have skipped going to shul (ssh, don't tell) in favor of a lazy morning and possible pool time. So far it's 9:30; I haven't had breakfast; I'm still in my robe and slippers. Obviously, I'm not rushing around here!

Although I ate too many calories at lunch yesterday, I did at least swim for 25 minutes, 10 laps in the pool and did my gym workout on the weight machines. That makes me feel like I did something good. Also breakfast and dinner were in the house and very controlled. Today and the next three days should be great. I have only one reason to eat out and that is tomorrow at lunch.

Tomorrow is Chinese New Year. We spent it at Epcot last year and had lunch in the Nine Dragons restaurant. We watched the movie and got our picture taken with Mulan. We plan to do all of that again tomorrow. I hope to take pictures and make comparisons between last year and this.

Meanwhile I hope everyone who might read this short blog today has a fantastic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment