Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happy Birthday, Lowell!









Today is Lowell's birthday! Once again we cannot be with him to celebrate it, but that is not all that unusual for adults and adult children. He is turning 33 today. Oops! If he's reading this, I hope he didn't mind me giving away his age. LOL!

I hope he has a fantastic day today. He's really been having a fantastic weekend! He and Emily joined four other friends Friday night for dinner out. Then yesterday he and Emily went to see her school's theater production of Beauty and the Beast followed by a big dinner at one of their favorite restaurants, The Melting Pot. Today they are going to the movie Hunger Games and having pizza for dinner. Emily is also baking him a cake. Nice. It sounds like he is well taken care of for his birthday.

Mark and I have sent him some presents that I guess he will open later today. Still, I do miss him. We love living here because it's beautiful, has a better house, has better weather, and offers a plethora of great activities...BUT, I miss Lowell and our other family and friends. Sigh....that's how all the neighbors feel, too. We are not alone in that feeling. I will console myself that we are going to see him on June 14 for a few days and then again in July when we are up for a visit.

I hope you enjoy some of these pictures I included of him today. I even had one baby picture of him with me, Flyn, and my dad. If I have time someday, I'd like to scan in more older pictures. Not today, though.

So...Lowell, once again, if you are reading this, I wish you lots of love and happiness and a wonderful birthday. I hope this upcoming year is full of the best of everything!

UGH! This morning I woke up with a runny, stuffy nose and no sense of smell. UGH! I do NOT need this. I went to bed at 10:30 last night and slept in until 8:30. That's crazy for me.

This morning I am supposed to clean the fridge and pantry for Passover because when I was supposed to do it Friday morning, I didn't. I was too tired. As soon as I realized that this morning was open, I moved it over and spent Friday morning being lazy. Now I'm thinking this cold was starting to come on. It's also gray and rainy today, which isn't helping the sinus pressure headache that I feel coming on.

I just made this job easier by deciding NOT to do the pantry! Haha! I will put the Passover food somewhere else. And my wonderful husband is over there right now throwing food out of the fridge. Passover is such a good time to purge the outdated, moldy, half-eaten crap that mostly we just ignore. LOL! When he's done, I'm going to wipe down the insides of the vegetable bins, but closer to Passover I will need to line them with aluminum foil.

I'd like to blame Mark for my cold, but it's not really his fault. He did have a nasty cold that ran on for about two weeks, so we tried not to kiss or share glasses. He was good about coughing and sneezing into tissues, bu these things just happen. As long as mine only lasts two weeks and doesn't turn into a bronchial infection or bad laryngitis, I'll be okay. My show isn't for another month yet.

Except for cleaning the fridge, today can be sort of low-key. Yesterday was low-key also. We went to shul, but then we just mostly relaxed the rest of the day. At 5:30 tonight we have tickets to see a show called "The Redneck Tenors." You can google them! They are going to do a long stint in Branson, Missouri soon, but right now they are touring Florida. I can't believe that Solivita snagged them and for such a cheap ticket price. We have been seeing more shows at cheaper prices since we moved down here than we ever did up in Maryland. Before we had moved here, we wondered if we'd have the opportunity to see much live theater since the Baltimore/Washington area is so full of them. NOT TO WORRY! We are doing better here, much to our surprise.

Ah...the rain has subsided and the sun is out! Got to love the changeable summer weather patterns in Florida. The sun is making me feel better already. I've had breakfast, a Cold-Eeze lozenge, and a cup of coffee. I'm about to go take a hot shower and have a second cup of copy. Life is still good in Florida, even with a cold and missing my son.

Happy Birthday, Lowell!!

No comments:

Post a Comment