Friday, March 9, 2012

How did it get to be Friday night already?

Rudy left Wednesday morning, and then Mark and I totally collapsed for the rest of the day. We had not intended to do that. We had planned to go to the gym for weights and a long walk. Then I expected to go play Mah Jongg at 1 p.m. Somehow none of that happened. We took a long nap and sat around reading, playing puzzles, watching TV. We had NO energy whatsoever. Eventually we got ourselves out to the Purim services that night, then came right back and went to bed! Neither of us has any idea why we were so worn out.

Thursday didn't go much better, but Mark did get my scale out. So the Wednesday weigh-in got moved to Thursday. It's BAD and then this morning was even worse! I was up one and a half Thursday morning (258.2) and another two and a half this morning (260.8). Of course, last night I did eat a lot. Sadly, this means I basically weigh what I did in mid-January, so anything good that I did during February has been erased. UGH!

We were invited out and the food was fantastic! Jonathan and Susan invited us to their house where Jonathan grilled a fantastic salmon outdoors. Susan prepared a masala deliciously spiced with cumin, cayenne, and other spices as well as fresh Brussels sprouts with garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. She also had a fantastic artisan garlic bread. I brought a salad, and the whole meal was just unbelievably delicious. In addition, we all had several glasses of wine each, and I had a martini while Mark drank an actual beer, not a low-carb one. Crazy night, delicious food, wonderful conversations. Thanks Jonathan and Susan!

Today I slept in until almost 9 a.m., not helpful to getting much done! At least I had time to pay some bills and catch up on a few chores in the house before heading out to my afternoon mani/pedi and hair cut and color. That took three hours, but it's always so much fun. What we didn't do was exercise, no gym, no walk. I haven't been to the gym in over a week. That could help explain the weight gain.

Now we are chilling out after dinner and getting ready to watch an episode of Star Trek: Enterprise and the Big Bang Theory from last night that we missed. Tomorrow we will go to shul for Shabbat services, which we have not done in several weeks. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment