Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Iditarod!

This was the 40th running of the Iditarod. Last night, Dallas Seavey, age 25, made history when he was the youngest musher to win the great race. Mark and I are "Iditarod Insiders," which means we pay to have the entire race streamed to our computers. We watched the ceremonial start out of Anchorage and then the actual start out of Willow. Last night, nine and a half days later, the race ended with Dallas Seavey coming into Nome around 11:30 last night EDT. Nome is four hours earlier, so it was daylight there. The second place finisher, 41 year old Ally Zirkle, came in one hour later, almost to the minute. She had been ahead for a long, long way, so it was an exciting finish.

It's all about the dogs. We just can't get enough of watching the dogs run these races. One of the most fun things I ever did was go with Evey on a sled dog race in Juneau, Alaska. It was a sled built to run on a mud track in the woods, carrying 6 passengers and a musher. Then we got to play with puppies. That was a great day and wonderful memories.

It's Pi day! I know that doesn't mean you get to eat PIE, but just saying it makes me want to go get a pie!

Mark got the scale out this morning but not until after I had showered and dressed. I usually like to get on it right away, still, I still got on it before breakfast. As predicted, NOT GOOD. In fact VERY BAD!! I have gained another three pounds, 263.6. That's about where I was when I came back from the cruise in January. That's a gain for four weeks in a row, I think. I'd have to check that, but I sure don't remember losing anything lately. Well, I did eat a lot and never exercised, other than walking around WDW a few times. I really haven't done any of the things I know I should do, so there is no use whining about it. All I can do now is start over, yet again. Depressing.

I'm leaving this morning to join the 10:30 water aerobics class. It happens every weekday morning, but I'm trying to make a commitment to go on Wednesdays. One reason we have not exercised as much lately is that Mark has been sick with his cold for about a week. If he doesn't want to go out, I tend not to go out. No excuse, really, just a fact.

1 comment:

  1. Points to this post..Very informative and reliable and can be helpful to many..Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete