Thursday, March 15, 2012

New Doctor Day and the ORIOLES!

I did not pay any attention to my diet yesterday either. I enjoyed the water aerobics and then played Mah Jongg. I had one of my best days EVER at Mahj, winning four of the nine games at the table, including two closed hands! Unbelievable. The weather was perfect yesterday, too, but I ate way too much!

Breakfast was the usual, 3 links and a yogurt for 200 calories, but I ate lunch out. I had a kosher hot dog (yes, we have a place here that serves Hebrew National hot dogs!) and ate the bun and fries. Mark made a fantastic, new Hungry Girl dinner of chicken in apricot sauce with broccoli and salad. Perfect. Unfortunately, I ate everything I could get my hands on during the evening as I watched TV. Mark was gone to a synagogue committee meeting, so I was alone grazing in the kitchen. That used to be one of my WORST habits. I should have watched all that TV in the bedroom. I used to find that I would not leave the bedroom to go to the kitchen to graze at night, but if I watched in the kitchen, I hopped off the couch at every commercial. So bad.

Still, I was down today over yesterday because of time of day and clothes. Yesterday, Mark didn't get the scale out until I had showered, dressed, and eaten breakfast. That changes everything. So yesterday I said I was 263.2 and this morning, earlier, naked, and without breakfast, I was only 261.5. I KNOW....that's still not GOOD. In fact it means I'm back to the weight of January 1 before I left for the cruise. I have undone any weight loss I had during the last two and a half months. Pathetic.

Today Mark and I have appointment at 10:30 to meet a new family doctor. Our other one left the practice over a month ago, so we are inheriting a new lady doctor who is taking over his patients. We are both just having a check up to get recent blood results. Mark is hoping his A1C is lower; I'm hoping my cholesterol is good. If we like this new lady, we plan to continue going to this practice. If she does not impress us, we are leaving because we have had recommendations of much nicer practices nearby. So...I'll let you know tomorrow how that went.

Tonight we will have a LOT of fun! We have tickets to see the Orioles play the Tigers at the Tigers spring training stadium in Lakeland. We did this last year with NARFE and had a great time. It's NARFE night again at the stadium, so we should have another wonderful time.

In between the doctor's appointment and leaving for the stadium, I guess I will have some fun in the house: practice piano (that's another story!), work on my jigsaw puzzle, read my new Faye Kellerman novel on my Kindle Fire. I hope everyone reading this blog also has great weather and a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment