Saturday, July 7, 2012

Old friends and Good times

Mark and I had a wonderful Shabbat dinner at Sara and Jeff's house last night.  There were 10 of us all together.  Sara set up four sets of candlesticks for the four ladies, and we all lit together. How nice!  Jeff lead kiddush, like he always does.  We sat around, ate, talked, and generally had a warm, wonderful evening. 

Since it's been so hot, Sara had a variety of light dishes: cheese and crackers and hummus for starters, cold asparagus soup (to die for!), eggplant stacks, and 4 kinds of cold salads.  There were also two kinds of challah.  For dessert we had two kinds of ice cream, fruit salad, and four kinds of cookies.  Of course, I ate some of everything and way too much challah and ice cream.  My weight is the same this morning as it was the last time I reported, 256, so I guess I should be thankful for that.

Today we have a very busy day on tap.  We will be leaving soon to go to synagogue services.  When that's over, I'm going to Robin's house to play Mah Jongg for a few hours. I think Mark is going to go to the pool and gym then.  Around 4  we are going to Frank's house.  He has asked me several times if I'd like to have Alice's Passover dishes.  We sure do have fond memories of decades of Passover dinners with them on those dishes.  I first declined it, thinking I didn't have the space for them, but last year, I thought that maybe I could find space.  Anyway, we are going to go see how many boxes we're talking about and how hard they would be to load into the car.  Then around 6 we are having dinner at the Rabbi's house.  It will be a busy, fun day in Greenbelt.

It's also going to hit 108 up here in Baltimore today, at least according to my phone weather app. My laptop says 102.  I think anything over 100 all just feels miserable anyway, especially with the humidity.  It's best to stay indoors in air conditioning, if possible.  Loading boxes from Frank's house to the car in the worst head of the day is probably not going to be a good idea.

No matter where you are today, I hope you can stay cool.










No comments:

Post a Comment