Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Today we are going to...

GATORLAND!

Finally!

Until the end of July, Florida residents get in for $10 instead of the usual $25, so it's worth it to try to get in there for such a bargain.  I hope we have enough time.  I have to be out of there by 4 p.m. today in order to get home, make and eat dinner, and get to the SOJC choir rehearsal by 7:30.  Hopefully that will all work out.

Now on to the other things.  Weigh-in Wednesday was good.  I am 253.2 this morning, down four from last week's weight of 257.2.  I'm very happy about that because I have to admit I wasn't working at it at all this week.  I didn't walk; I went to the gym only once; I played in the pool (can't really call it swimming) only once; I ate whatever I wanted.  I mostly lost those four sort of early on, probably a reaction to getting back to a somewhat more normal routine.  I thought I might be up today because of the huge Indian dinner last night, but I am actually the same as yesterday morning.  This week I might need to work at it more in order to show another loss.

Yesterday we had some snafus along the way.  The first one was at the WalMart Vision Center.  Despite it saying that you could walk-in, you can only walk-in for an eye appointment on a day when the doctor is actually THERE, which wasn't yesterday. Mark made an appointment for Friday morning and showed our insurance card.  When we got home, there was a phone call from that lady saying there's a problem with the insurance so call her. Hm...I have been paying for this Davis Vision insurance plan through my employer for years and years and never once remembered to use it when I went for glasses.  Finally I made Mark pick a place that accepted this insurance, so NOW WHAT???  I got new cards in the mail this year saying that I have the insurance; the lady in WalMart said they take Davis Vision; but call because there's a problem.  I'll keep you posted.

The second snafu was the Dr. Scholl's kiosk. I located one on their website, a WalMart near WDW.  After having lunch at the Q'doba, also near WDW, we went to the WalMart.  I found the kiosk, but it didn't work.  ERG!  So back to the car, look up the website (Thank God for smart phones and Safari!), find the next nearest location.  Back down the road about three miles to the next WalMart.  It worked!!  I got orthotics, a number 410, and found a DIRT CHEAP pair of men's Dr. Scholl's sneakers at the same WalMart.  They were on sale for only $20. The orthotics were $50, but this is a LOT less than custom made orthotics.  I'm going to wear the new sneakers and orthotics all day today and see how it goes.

The best thing about yesterday was dinner at the Saffron Indian restaurant in the Dr. Phillip's area of Orlando.  Fantastic!  Mark had a coupon from Living Social.  We paid $17 for the coupon and the restaurant then took $34 off the bill.  We had an amazing vegetarian appetizer (six items, two of each), plus a grilled mahi mahi sizzling like a fajita when it came to the table, rice, and a paneer with peas dish.  We shared everything, plus we had wine.  I also ordered an Indian ice cream dessert, kulfi.  Fantastic.  We walked out of there paying only $28 plus tip.  What a great deal!!  Of course, if we had gone there without the Living Social deal we would have dropped $74 last night.  Thanks to Evey for putting us on to the Living Social deals.

We tested that restaurant out to see if it's worth going there with our friends Tom and Cathy when they come for a week's visit in October.  They like Indian food and were the first to take us out to an Indian restaurant back when we all lived in Maryland.  They took us to a great Indian place where they live now, so it seems like it's finally going to be our turn to take them to a nice Indian restaurant.  I think we have found it at the Saffron on Sand Lake. 

Well, time to shut down this computer, shower, dress, and get out to GATORLAND!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment