Friday, July 20, 2012

TGIF

I sat down to write a blog this morning and was stunned to find out that the last one was on Tuesday. It's Friday!  How did that happen?  Was I really that busy?  I guess so.  I didn't even do an official weigh-in Wednesday report.  Hm...

Well, there's nothing else to be done now except play catch up for the last two days.  Wednesday I weighed in at 257, same as Tuesday, which was fine.  I had eaten the deli meat for lunch Tuesday, after all.  Today I am down a few pounds to only 254.  I'm pretty excited about that.  I haven't really been trying too hard or exercising.  There have been no long walks or trips to the gym yet.  Wednesday's breakfast and dinner were my usual perfectly controlled meals at home, but lunch was a kosher hot dog and fries at the pool bar.  Yummy, but stupid. Yesterday, I had a cosmo at the pool bar and then ate dinner out at Lakeside last night for the free wine. Dinner was a medium-sized piece of plain grilled salmon, steamed zucchini with onions and peppers, and wilted spinach in garlic and oil.  That was very reasonable; however, I also had an ice cream sandwich at the movie last night (Safe House with Denzel Washington, very intense) and an entire container of Mt. Rainier cherries while watching TV.  Still, I have no complaints. I think my body is still taking in less calories than many of the days up north.  My breakfast and lunch yesterday were at home and normal. 

Wednesday was just one of those very busy days.  It started out with a morning trip to the radiation oncologist for my six month check up.  It was fine!  I am going to see him one more time in January, and at that point, barring anything turning up by then, I think he's going to say I don't need to check in with him anymore. I like him, but it will be a milestone to get released from his care in January!  For some reason, they collected my $20 co-pay, gave me a receipt, and then came back and took back the receipt and returned the money.  The receptionist said there was a note not to collect my co-pay?  WTF?  Why?  I don't know.  I bet I get a bill later from the billing office!  It was weird, but I spent half that cash on lunch later! 

I had that quick hot dog lunch out, not the best choice that day, before my gel manicure and pedicure because by the time I got out of the rad onc's office and took Mark to his comic book shop, there wasn't enough time to go home to eat before the salon appointment.  I had not had my nails done in over three weeks, so they were in DIRE need!  I enjoyed the two and a half hour visit to the salon. My nail/hair lady is a lot of fun to talk to. I've told several of you that she is French Canadian from about a half hour drive out of Quebec City.  We talked about what to see if I go on a Canadian cruise.  She recommended we go to the old city.  She joked that she would give me a key and that I could take a cab to go check on her summer house! Mostly we talked about how sick her two cats are and how much money they have cost her recently.  LOL!  I told her she was reminding me why I don't have any pets anymore. When I came out of the salon, I met Mark at the pool for a quick dip before heading home to our usual Wednesday night dinner of shiritake spaghetti and salad (nice and low in calories).  Then we headed over to the WDW area for a synagogue choir rehearsal.

There had not been a rehearsal in a month because of our company and our trip. I spent all day worrying about this rehearsal. I didn't know if anyone would show up or if they would remember anything.  I also worried that there was going to be a raging storm to drive through.  None of those worries materialized.  The storm fizzled just after we left the house.  Six people showed up and they remembered everything!  It was a most productive rehearsal.  Yay!  There are only four more rehearsals with this fledgling group before the High Holidays.  I think they might make it after all!

Yesterday I went to my cancer support group in the morning for the first time in about six weeks.  There were no new people there, but it was great to catch up with the usuals.  It's a lovely bunch of people. While I was at the support group, Mark was doing our weekly grocery shopping.  We had our usual lunch at home, and then it was time to take Mark to the dentist.  Anyone who knows Mark knows he HATES the dentist.  This was his follow-up appointment to have the temporary crown removed and the permanent one installed.  He had to have a small shot of Novocain to get the job done, but it went pretty smoothly.  He's actually very happy about the crown because he had been having very bad  pain for quite some time in that tooth.  Now it's feeling great.  After the dentist appointment, we went to the pool, the bar, the restaurant, and the movie, all of which I had mentioned earlier.  It has been two busy, very good days.

Today is going to be a lot more relaxed, so it's the first morning that I can sit and write a blog.  We plan to go pick up some tickets at the Solivita Lifestyles office for a dinner later in the month.  We will shop for fresh fruits and veggies at the Farmer's Market at the Village at the same time.  After lunch, our plan is to be at the pool until dinner time!  Very low key!  The heat is up and the rain chances are down.  It's a nice Florida summer day.  I hope everyone else is having a great day, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment