Sunday, September 30, 2012

Hag Sameach

Tonight begins the holiday of Succoth.  Mark is outside busily putting up our pre-fab Succah.  Last year we only had it up four days before he took it down because we had to head to Baltimore for a cruise.  This year we will be home the entire holiday, so it should stay up 9 days at least.  We will eat almost all of our meals in it.  Unfortunately, since our backyard is not fenced and not lighted and backs on to "conservation" land (swamp), we are literally afraid to eat out there in the dark!  Deer, wild turkeys, wild hogs, bobcats, Sandhill Cranes, and many other assorted little animals have been sighted back there! Our new custom here in Florida is to eat dinner in the succah BEFORE sundown each night. LOL!!

This afternoon Mark is also starting his rehearsals for the radio drama production of It's a Wonderful Life, in which he plays the head angel, Joseph.  It's going to be fabulous.  All four of the performances are already sold out!  I am going to be the choral director, which means I'm working with three or four ladies who will sing the "commercials" during the radio show.  They are going to be rehearsing in our house at the same time that the regular rehearsals take place.  I think it will be a lot of fun.

I stuck to my diet yesterday, even though I didn't do much exercise.  I dropped two pounds, back to 255.7 this morning. I guess that's good.  Tonight's dinner is huge because it's the holiday meal for the first night of Succot.  It's the same dinner we had for Rosh Hashanah, so I know it's over 1000 calories just for the dinner.  On Rosh Hashanah, I made sure to swim and walk A LOT, but that's not happening today.  If I can get a 30 minute walk in at some point and eat only a can of tuna for lunch, cut the challah, wine, and soup to just a few bites, then I can keep my calories at the allowed amount.  LOL!  That's a lot of IFS!  I'll do my best and let you know tomorrow.

Hag Sameach to all who are celebrating Succoth.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment