Monday, March 10, 2014

It's over!

It's been about two weeks since I wrote a blog, so at this point a lot of things are over.

Sara and Jeff's visit is over.  Michael and Lore's visit is over.  The play is over.  Wow!  So much has happened.

First, let me report my weight.  Two weeks ago I weighed in at 243, a slight gain from the week before.  This morning, I weighed in at 245, a gain of two pounds in the two weeks.  I was actually RELIEVED because there has been way too much eating going on with the company and the show.  Crazy. 

Now I plan to get back to work on losing weight.  Haha!  I just typed that and then thought about how Wednesday is Mark's birthday, and we are checking in to the Villas at the Grand Floridian in a 1 BR unit to use our DVC points for the first time.  I'm taking him out to dinner that night.  Yeah, there will be some eating out this week.  Oh, well....

Now for what's happened the past few weeks.  We had a fabulous time with our company the last few weeks.  I never took any pictures with Michael and Lore.  (I KNOW!  How is that possible?)  They came to the play Saturday night and loved it.  We spent the afternoon on Saturday poolside because the weather was perfect for it.  We took Sara and Jeff on the airboat ride and up to the Monument of the States.  We took long walks and spotted lots of animals.  It was a great visit with all of them. 

Another big thing was Mark having his face shaved and his hair cut really short.  His character in the play is a crazy, hypochondriac from 1953.  The director asked all the men with facial hair to shave, but Mark was the last one to do it.  He looked so different that people actually didn't recognize him.  Of course, he hates the look, so now that the last show was last night, the beard is going to come back ASAP!  He wouldn't let me take any pictures of him that were labelled with his own name, but he is okay with people seeing pictures taken during the show and labelled Ira Stone.  If I can figure out how to move some of those pictures into the blog, I will. 

The show was a HUGE success with three sold out audiences.  They were all great audiences, and the cast was fantastic.  I wish everyone could have seen it.  There is so much talent here in Solivita.  I just did props and stagehand work, which meant frequent shopping for bagels, cream cheese, and pound cake.  When I signed up for props, I didn't realize that there was so much eating in this show.

This morning the cast and crew are dismantling the set.  Tonight I have the costume parade for the Starliters show, which is about three weeks.  Non-stop fun in Solivita!

Here are some pictures from Jeff and Sara's visit, and after that are some photos from the first dress rehearsal of the play.  Mark has not shaved yet and there are no sets, but you can see a little of the action going on.


On the airboat

Mark and Jeff posing with the wild boar

Sara with the giant alligator skin

Lunch at the Three Sisters in downtown Kissimmee

At Lake Toho in Kissimmee's lakefront park

at Private Island ice cream

Sara holding Poseidon!

Jeff and Poseidon

I never get tired of holding baby alligators.


Mark's opening scene.  Remember, this is not on the stage, so there is no set yet, just costumes for the first time.

And, of course, his hair is still pretty long and he has the beard.



No comments:

Post a Comment