Sunday, March 30, 2014

Good day, down two

Yesterday I said I should be down a pound today, but I'm actually down two.  I weighed 243 again this morning.  Lovely.

I did everything right, including walking 30 minutes and eating only 1218 calories.  The sodium was only 1497 mg.  Perfect!

Later this afternoon we are heading to Epcot.  The Lovin' Spoonful are performing at the American Garden Theater tonight.  We have heard from two other families that they aren't very good anymore.  John Sebastian, the main singer and performer of the group, left decades ago.  They still have a few originals, but they weren't the ones doing much of the singing back in the day.  At least we will recognize the songs and should enjoy some old memories.  The weather is going to be perfect for it, sunny and mid-70s.

Today dinner will be at the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival kiosks.  I'm pretty sure we are eating entrees at the Italian and Mexican kiosks, so there will be pasta and cheese involved.  The portions are small, fortunately, but there is no way to count the calories or sodium.   I will be having a good breakfast and lunch at home before we go, so I'm going to try to be sure the sodium content is as low as possible for those meals.

My plan for tonight is to eat the Mushroom-Cheese Quesadilla in Mexico and the Cheese Manicotti in Italy.  I haven't decided whether or not to have a drink, too.  Mark is going to have the manicotti and the Caprese salad in Italy with some wine.  I have decided to skip the caprese because I'm not a big fan of it to begin with, and this one is swimming in oil.

Here's a link to the Disney Food Blog where you can read all about all the food choices at the festival.  There are pictures for everything.  If it's not pictured on the first blog, there are links to other pages with pictures of every food from every kiosk.  We had the tilapia and eggplant "scallops" last week, both fabulous!   I wish they also published nutritional info for these foods.  Wouldn't that make things simple.  If this link doesn't work, just copy and paste it.  I hope it works.  You'll love looking at all these menus and beautifully prepared foods.  At least it's a LONG walk from the parking lot to the back of World Showcase.  At least two or more miles of walking should help burn off some of these calories. 

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/03/05/2014-epcot-flower-and-garden-festival-full-food-booth-menus-photos-and-reviews/

No comments:

Post a Comment