Thursday, January 8, 2015

Back from our mini-trip

We had a really enjoyable one night stay at Saratoga Springs.  The weather was cooperative on Tuesday, so we spent the afternoon enjoying the main pool.  There are two feature pools and two quiet, unguarded, pools.  We only used the feature pool by the check-in/restaurant area.  It was a lot of fun.  We enjoyed the dinner at their sit down restaurant, The Turf Club.  Then we took the boat to Downtown Disney, wandered around listening to three different street musicians play, and had a latte from the new gigantic Starbucks.  Wednesday was cooler and just delightful at the Animal Kingdom.  We didn't rush over, but we spent about six hours there.  The park closed at 5 and that's when we left.  Today we had our monthly NARFE meeting at Plant City. Now Mark is out grocery shopping, and I have some time to myself to write a blog and maybe take a nap! 

I did okay on our days away, eating in the restaurants.  I mostly ate what I should. I did not gain or lose any weight.  I tried to log things in as best as I could.  We had our own breakfast at home and the same in the hotel both days.  Lunch was packed and eaten in the room on Tuesday.  I said no to the bread, no to alcohol, and no to appetizers at The Turf Club, but I did have the strawberry sorbet for dessert.  On Wednesday we had lunch at the all-vegetarian food kiosk in the Asia area of the Animal Kingdom.  We got the hummus platter and samosas to share, and we each got a falaffel sandwich.  I estimated that lunch to be about 850 calories.  We had dinner at Perkins, and I ordered the Fit Fare Lemon Pepper Tilapia with spinach and rice, which their menu claimed to be 430 calories. I also ordered a cup of tomato basil soup, which their website said was 200 calories.  All in all, I ate close to 2000 calories yesterday, but I walked miles and miles and AK.  My phone said I did over five miles that day.  My legs ached, so I think I burned up a lot of those calories.

Today I had lunch at Outback for our meeting.  We said no to the bread.  We always get the house salad (no dressing for me), tilapia and mixed vegetables.  I can't look up all those on their website, but I estimated the lunch to be about 500 calories.  Tonight Mark is making grilled tuna steak, half a baked potato for each of us, and some fresh string beans.  I should come in around 1400 calories for the day today.  If i can force myself to go out later and take a walk, it will be a good day.

Here are some pictures from our little two day get-away.




Mark played Bingo by the pool.






He had a glass of wine called Conundrum!

Boat to Downtown Disney.



Wednesday morning we walked over to the gym before going to Animal Kingdom.






This kiosk, with an all-vegetarian menu, had no name on the building.  Later we looked at the name on the receipt and LAUGHED.  It was called Mr. Kamal Burgers. 

Samosas in front, hummus platter in the back, and a delicious and very spicy falaffel sandwich on the right.

A whiskey at the bar in Africa before riding the safari.

Okapi




Finished the day up with the Finding Nemo live show.


No comments:

Post a Comment