Monday, January 5, 2015

The Challenge Continues

Yesterday I talked about the wine party challenge, so let me start off by saying I DID IT!  I planned for four ounces of my moscato and that's all I had.  I didn't realize there was going to be a ton of munchies there either.  They had two tables full of cheese, crackers, nuts, chips, veggies, sweets.  I touched NOTHING.  It helped a lot that we came an hour late and spent about half an hour just walking around and talking to people we hadn't seen for awhile.  We had a great time, in fact.

Then we went in the pool where I did my 30 minutes of water aerobics and swam laps for 10 minutes.

I went home at 6:15 p.m. and felt very proud of myself for meeting that challenge.

The week was good.  This morning I weighed in at 269.8, an official loss of 2 1/2 pounds for the week.  Really it was more like five because even though I weighed 272.3 last Monday, by New Year's Day (Thursday) I weighed 274.6.  I gained three pounds in just that one night, so it's hard to count those extra pounds.

Anyway this was a GOOD four days.  I'm taking it one day at a time, small goals.  Today is my goal.  Today I have no challenges because all my meals will be at home.  I will also be going to the gym for weight lifting and taking a 30 minute walk up past the gator ponds.  The weather is going to be way too cool today for swimming, which is why we spent the last two days lounging by the pool.

I do have many challenges over the course of this week.  Tomorrow we are checking into Saratoga Springs for one night to use up some DVC points.  We will have both lunch and dinner out tomorrow and then lunch and dinner out on Wednesday as well.  Eating out is always a challenge for me.  Tomorrow's meals out will be the first I'm facing since this new year started.  THAT is definitely going to be my BIGGEST challenge of the year so far.

Meanwhile today is going to be low key. I plan to work on my new puzzle.  I chose one of the two that Georganne (may her memory be for a blessing) gave me last year for Hanukkah.  I already have the edges put together and about 10 other pieces put in plus the pieces are sorted by color for a start.  It's going to be relaxing and fun to work on this one compared to the previous one.  I'm also going to play Mah Jongg this afternoon.  While there, I'm giving away that Dr. Who jigsaw puzzle to a neighbor to give to another friend who loves a challenge.  Boy, will they get a challenge!  LOL!

After Mahj, Mark and I will go to the gym and take our walk.

It's going to be a great day.  I hope everyone else has a great day, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment