Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sunday challenge

I have made the resolution for 2015 to get and stay healthy.  I have set the goal to get through one day at a time and not worry too much about what the weight is doing.  I confess that I'm still jumping on the scale multiple times a day.  I have read conflicting reports on this.  Some say it is a good way to manage weight and others say weekly weigh-ins are the way.  I have done both in the past.

Anyway this morning I am 270 even, and that's AFTER breakfast at 10:45 a.m.  If I meet today's challenge and keep to the plan, I might back into the 260s when I report the official weight tomorrow morning.  It's sad that saying I'll be in the 260s is exciting to me.  LOL!

Here's the challenge.  At 2 p.m. today we are going to an informal wine party around the pool.  There's a group of people who have been doing that for years, but we have never joined them.  We have been invited in the past, but we always had some other plans.  Well, yesterday we got invited again and said yes. I have an unopened bottle of sweet bubbly Brazilian wine in the fridge that Mark bought for me at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. I had a glass from the kiosk and liked it a lot.  Since it's bubbly, it's best finished right after opening.  I've been waiting for some company who likes white sweet wines, but that hasn't happened yet.  Now I've said I will bring that bottle to the wine party and share it around with everybody.

That should be good. I should be able to pour myself 4 ounces and give the rest away.  I have already pre-programed those four ounces into my Lose It! app.  We also have to bring our own glasses, so I'm bringing a small plastic wine glass that we got at Disney's California Adventure a number of years ago, unbreakable and only holds 4 ounces.  Perfect. 

The challenge is not drinking anyone else's wine that they will surely be sharing and no seconds on my wine!

Other than that, all my meals will be at home.  Breakfast was higher than usual because Mark made an outstanding Sunday morning breakfast of two fried eggs, two pieces of whole wheat toast with Smart Balance margarine, and 1 1/2 strips of beef bacon.  So YUMMY!  Instead of just being my usual 200 calorie breakfast, it is now a 423 calorie breakfast.  Lunch will be the same 190 calorie salad that I ate the last three days.  Dinner will be a salad and a frozen entree, 360 calories.  If I still eat the usual banana and Arctic Zero tonight for snacks along with the afternoon wine, my daily total will be 1411.  That's still more than 100 under the 1564 that Lose It! is allotting me right now.  I'm trying to stay closer to the 1200 range in general, but if I do 1411 today, I'll be ok. As long as I only drink ONE glass of wine.

Yesterday I burned off 294 calories in exercise with 30 minutes of water aerobics and 10 minutes of lap swimming.  Lose It! allows you to eat those calories back, but I usually don't.  That means the program thinks I only consumed 951 calories yesterday when I actually ate 1245.  No wonder my weight is down. 

I have more challenges coming up this week and the whole month, but my new goal is ONE DAY at a TIME.  I just want to get through the wine party successfully today.  I'll let you know tomorrow when I post my Monday morning weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment