Thursday, January 15, 2015

Relaxed day

Yesterday was a waste.  I had my annual opthamologist exam and it wasted me.  Crazy.  Four years ago I had a retinal tear that this doctor repaired by laser, not the most comfortable thing I ever did.  Anyway, now I go annually for a check up. My check up was good.  He said I have some thinning around the edges of the retinas but no tears.  I have some small cataracts that do not require any treatment at this time.

He's a lovely doctor and I don't mind it, but for some reason having those drops to dilate the eyes just wastes me for the whole day.  Maybe I'm just overly sensitive to it.  My appointment was at 1:30 in the afternoon.  Mark drove us home, about half an hour, and we had to stop at Publix to pick up some meds for him and some birthday cards.  I had a headache and felt tired and nauseous by then.  When I got home, all I did was sleep for two hours.  I am blaming it on the eye drops!

This morning we are having a relaxed morning. Mark plans to finish up his NARFE work from yesterday and then we are going to BJs to pick up a lot of paper products.  We never shop at BJs too often, after all it's about 35 minutes north of here, but we like to stock up on certain things, especially when there are coupons involved.  Today we have only half a roll of paper towels left in the house, so it must be time for a BJs run.  Tissues, toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, and almonds will be returning in humongous quantities.

Tonight is movie night in Solivita, so we are going up to see Jersey Boys. I am very excited for that one because we have been unable to see it on stage or in the movies since it came out. I'm sure it's going to be very enjoyable.

As for my food yesterday, I was pretty good. I planned a good day, and the only thing I did that wasn't originally planned was to eat six Stella D'oro Anisette Toast cookies (260 calories ) that were left over from the dinner party Saturday night.  I also did not exercise at all because of feeling sick and tired from the eye dilation.  Even so, my total calories for the day were 1449, which is very good.  This morning I am down a few tenths, so I'll take it.  I was 266.9 today.  I'll weigh in one more time tomorrow morning and report it before we drive down to Miami.  I had about 3500 mg of sodium yesterday because of a canned soup that I ate for lunch.  I might have been down a bit more if I had chosen something else for lunch.  Water retention is a tough thing to cope with when trying to shed pounds.

If you are reading this blog and did not read yesterday's, please go back and check it out to get the URL for Lowell's new music album download. I hope you all download it and give it a little listen.  It only costs $7. They do sound great, even if hard rock isn't your favorite genre. I still give them tremendous credit for the sound, which is amazing, and the great effort it has taken them to bring this album to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment