Thursday, January 1, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2015

Solivita sure knows how to throw a street party!  About 600 people attended the New Year's Eve party last night.  It was so much fun.  I over ate, but that's nothing knew.  We had Asti and cheese and crackers at Susie and Ed's house before we left.  Then I had two whiskey sours and a big glass of champagne while we were at the party!  I guess as NYE parties go that wasn't too bad.  It was fun to run into people we knew at the party.  It was also just fun to see everybody toasting and wishing Happy New Year to everybody they saw!  It's a friendly community.

Now on to the business of resolutions and changes.  Boy, do I need to make and STICK to a resolution.  My weight this morning is 274.6, so that's what I am going to fill into the chart I posted yesterday.  Here is the list again with this morning's weight filled in.  YIKES.
2009: 322
2010: 213
2011: 250
2012: 262
2013: 267
2014: 246
2015:274.6

So here are some of the things I have written in the blog at the beginning of previous years.

"So I will make 2014 a good one.  I will make it a year resolved more than ever to stay on track..."
Guess that didn't happen!

"...the weight has crept back up.  I'm going down a very bad path."
Yeah, that's from 2013.  This year's path has been even worse. 

"I am up to 267.8. This certainly is a new high. This represents a four pound gain since I left on New Year's Day for the cruise. It represents a 25.8 pound gain since we moved here last February. It represents a 62.8 pound gain from my lowest point of 205 back in February of 2010. That's over HALF of my total weight loss of 117 pounds. After losing that 117 pounds, I never thought I'd put them back, but you know what they say: Never say Never! How true!"
In 2012 I weighed less than today, but it was the highest I had been since 2010.  Doesn't look like anything has changed.

"2. LOSE WEIGHT. Well, of course, I still have to say that. I've gained back too much not to get concerned. I also feel pretty confident that I have the tools and the knowledge to do it once I am not stressed from the chemotherapy anymore."
January of 2011 I was in Baltimore, still in chemo.  I had gained some weight back from chemo and not being able to move around too much because I felt so sick and the steroids.  I had made several resolutions in that blog.  Number 1 was BEAT CANCER!  Looks like I did do that one after all.

"On this day last year, I made the same New Year's Resolution that I make every year: lose weight. The difference is that I actually did it this year! So today, I am reaffirming that resolution."
I have to go back to 2010 to find a blog entry that is not whining about gaining weight.  This is a very positive post.  I had made it down from 322 to 213 during 2009, so at the start of 2010 everything looked very positive. I knew I was going to retire in just two more months.  We had our big cross-country trip by train ahead of us and the cruise to Hawaii and through the Panama Canal.  I had NO IDEA there would be breast cancer just seven months later.

That's it.  I started this blog in October of 2009, so 2010 was my first entry about New Year's resolutions.  Looks like every January 1 since 2011 I have made the same resolution and failed.  I have whined about gaining weight and said I would get back on track.  And then I failed.

Is there any reason to make that resolution again?  OF COURSE!  Because if I don't start the year off with this as a goal, I have failed before I started. 

So, yes, today I will make that same resolution but in a slightly different way.  Instead of saying I'm going to lose weight, I'm going to say my number one resolution is STAY HEALTHY!  That's it.  Really, health is the most important thing.  I can eat healthy.  I can increase the amount that I move each day.  (side bar, the new iPhone6 counts your steps, if it's in your pocket, without having to do anything to remember to set it) 

I always wish everyone a happy and HEALTHY New Year.  Now I'm wishing and resolving that for myself.  May we all have a Happy and Healthy 2015.

Here are a few pictures from last night's party.





HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment