Thursday, January 29, 2015

Definitely sick

Mark nudged the heat all the way up to 70 last night because even HE felt cold in the bedroom.  LOL!

That helped me a lot, but I'm definitely sick. My throat hurts; my head hurts; I ache all over; my nose is stuffed up.  What else could it be?

We had a leisurely morning and looked at some of Ron's pictures of Mady, both from the past and from the nursing home.  She was such a beautiful woman.  Then we headed into downtown old Kissimmee for lunch and fun wandering around Lake Toho at the park.  It was sunny and warm unless the wind blew and you were in the shade.  Mostly, we had a great time.

Unfortunately, I started to wear out pretty badly about 3 p.m. and had to go home right away.  Mark was forced to go out on his own to shop while I came home for hot tea and rest.  This evening we plan to have lunch at The Grille and go to the Solivita Thursday movie, which this week is The Giver.  I just hope it's not as crowded as two weeks ago when we went to see Jersey Boys.

Here are some pictures from Cozumel on the MSC Divina and a few pictures of Mark and Ron from today.

The morning started with breakfast in the main dining room for a change. Unfortunately, the waiter spilled my cranberry juice all over Mark's shirt, so I spent a good bit of time wiping it all off with my napkin and a glass of water!

Our main objective for the day was some drinks at Senor Frogs with Pat and Bill Staley.




Oh, yes, Pat can be a party animal!

Walking back to our ship, we noticed how SMALL the Carnival Elation seems docked next to us.
Mark made a delicious crockpot sloppy Joe for dinner.

Tried to go to Three Sisters for lunch, but they are only open for dinner on weekdays.  We went to Savion's, next door, instead.

Enjoying birdwatching, photography, and the warm sunshine.

We bring all of our guests to the Monument of States.

We enjoyed this year's outdoor art sculptures.  Mark liked this one, Infinity.

I liked the musical one!

When we got home, Ron smoked a cigar in the backyard, enjoyed seeing an armadillo come by, and talked to his friends up in the cold, snowy north.

No comments:

Post a Comment