Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Congratulatons to Lowell

A few days ago I bragged about Evey's new job and how proud of her we are.  Now I can do the same about our son, Lowell.

Yesterday he and his two best friends, Dan and Chris, realized a dream that they have pursued for about six years.  They have released their album for online downloads.  Lowell is the guitarist and lead singer.  It is 9 songs in a hard rock genre.  The group is called Walls Fell and the album is called HeartWallClock.  Here is the url if you'd like to listen.  The blog doesn't do links, but just copy and paste the url into your browser.  From that page you can buy it.

http://wallsfell.bandcamp.com/album/heartwallclock

This is the first time I have heard any of their music, but I did know they have been working on it for a very long time.  I am not really a fan of hard rock music, but I still loved listening to the first two songs.  Mark and I will listen to the rest on our drive to Miami on Friday.  We have it on our laptops and on his phone now. 

Lowell is GREAT on this, as are the other guys, but he is my son, so I have to brag most about him. I loved how his voice sounds.  As a guitarist and singer myself, I cannot TELL you how exciting it is to hear him do this on the recording.  He plays guitar a thousand times better than I ever did!  He sounds great singing, too.  Just WOW!

Congratulations, Lowell.  Dad and I are very proud of you.  Now you are published author and a performer on an album.  Amazing.

Now to my dinner party last night.  We had a wonderful time, delicious food and great conversation. Did I stick to my plan? Not entirely.  They served bread and beautiful rolls, so I ate one roll with lots of butter on it.  I had not planned for that. I took an appropriate amount of mashed potatoes and peas, but I took too much cauliflower and probably three times as much salmon.  Instead of making fried salmon patties, Ed had turned it into a loaf.  The good news was that it wasn't fried in oil, but the bad news was that I had no idea how much to take. I took a slice and then half of a second slice.  My slices were probably thicker than one salmon pattie would have been.  They don't drink alcohol, but there was sparkling grape juice, so I had about 5 ounces of that, which was unplanned.  Then there was the apple pie.  I was served a hefty piece.  Mark had a big bite of my because they substituted half the sugar with Splenda.  Well, when I went home, I tried to adjust the calories and make it reflect what I did.  It would appear that I ate close to 2500 calories and had no exercise.  Not a good combination.  This morning I am up one pound to 267.3.  Well, I'm not surprised.

Now I have two full days of eating all my meals at home and the potential to exercise, too.  I hope to drop that extra pound and maybe another one before Friday night.  On Friday we are driving to Miami and will have dinner in the hotel restaurant.   Saturday we board the MSC Divina for a 7 night cruise to Great Stirrup Cay, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, and Cozumel.  This is the NARFE Alzheiemer's Fund raiser cruise.  It's going to be great for every possible reason EXCEPT my weight!  LOL!

Now here are some pictures from Old Key West and Magic Kingdom.













No comments:

Post a Comment