Thursday, March 3, 2016

Two days post op

The surgery went as expected on Tuesday.  It was hard for them to get my IV started, six tries.  OUCH.  Then it seemed like I was longer in the recovery stage than just an hour.  My BP seemed high, 177/85, so they gave me some IV stuff to bring it down.  They had been taking my BP on my calf because the IV was in my elbow.  Later when they took the IV out, I asked them to take the BP on my arm. I got 124/67.  Yeah, that's more my usual.

I also felt a little more pain than I expected, so they gave me IV Tylenol and later an oral oxycodone pill.  WHAT A MISTAKE!  I will never take that again. I was queasy for the next TWELVE hours.  Surgery was at 8 a.m., but we didn't get home until 2:15.  I was holding a plastic bag in the car in case I threw up, but I never did.  By 11 p.m. I stopped feeling queasy.

I had my follow up appointment the next morning.  My friend Ed drove me so that Mark could go to rehearsal.  We got there early, and they saw me right away.  We literally left the office two minutes before my appointment was scheduled  LOL!  I got a clean bill of health. I'm healing as to be expected.  The eyes itch, so I keep putting the ointment in them.  They are swollen and slightly red and black and blue.  Icy washcloth compresses have been on and off for two days. I had to sleep sitting up in a chair for two nights, but tonight I can get in bed.

The sutures are stating to itch today, which is normal. I have Benadryl in case the itching gets too terrible.

I took some pictures on my phone, but I can't get them on to the computer to show here.  I took a few on my camera, so I uploaded those here.  They show the before and after effect.  In the long run, I think it will be great.  My eyes already look bigger than before. I can see some swelling on the sides, but I'm not looking through my eyelids anymore.  It's all good.
The morning of the surgery

At home after surgery

Two days post op

No comments:

Post a Comment