Thursday, March 11, 2010

Awesome Zoo

Our day at the San Diego Zoo was wonderful. It's a really huge and amazing place; it certainly lived up too all the hype and hyperbole that describes it. We walked and walked up and down hills and stairs for over five hours.

I followed my eating plan yesterday pretty well. After the hotel breakfast that I described in yesterday's post (and will eat again this morning), we had a grilled salmon salad at the zoo's sit-down restaurant and the usual Denny's dinner. With all that walking, I can't help but feel it was a good day.

Today's plan is to go to Old Town and learn about San Diego's history, and if there is enough time, we'll also go up to La Jolla State Park to walk along the beach and dip our toes or fingers into the Pacific Ocean. I've been on the west coast only 6 times in my life, but I've never gone into the water. It's really too cold to swim, but I could touch the wave's edge at least.

Meals today should include the hotel breakfast and a Denny's dinner like yesterday. We plan to find lunch in a restaurant in Old Town. I am really hoping that I can find a scale on board the ship because I'm so worried about the weight that I am probably gaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment