Friday, March 5, 2010

In California

We made it to California this morning. After checking in to the Howard Johnsons across the street from the parks, we were in Disney's California Adventure park by 11 a.m. What a great time.

I have three Picasa photo albums online from the train trip. If you want to see the pictures and captions describing the trip, here are the links to the albums:
First Leg of the Journey: Washington to Chicago http://picasaweb.google.com/RMSilverstein/FirstLegOfTheTripWashingtonToChicago?authkey=Gv1sRgCPyIlIzD0uecrQE#

The Second Leg of the Journey: Chicago to LA http://picasaweb.google.com/RMSilverstein/TheSecondLegChicagoToLA?authkey=Gv1sRgCNLUgIiFudK9-wE#

California Here We Come! http://picasaweb.google.com/RMSilverstein/CaliforniaHereWeCome?authkey=Gv1sRgCJ7m0aeO6cWW0AE#

It is really hard to stay on my diet plan while on the trip. The food choices were delicious, but limited, and there was virtually no opportunity for any exercise. I also had dessert at most dinners and way too many fat and carb calories. I did not take my scale because there was no room to pack it, but I'm a little scared about what has been happening. I'm pretty sure I can feel weight creeping back on.

Today I walked a lot all day at the park. We had to get up at 4:30 a.m. and eat breakfast at 5:15 a.m. on the train. We had a veggie burger and fries lunch at 11:30 a.m., mozzarella sticks and wine at 4 p.m., then vegetarian chili in a sourdough bread bowl at 6 p.m. Yummy but mostly carbs. I don't know if the walking can undo those calories. I'm hoping there will be a scale on the ship next week. I'm a little scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment