Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Weighing in on the Ship

We are on our third day at sea, and as the captain said last night, "We feed you sixteen meals a day." He's only half joking. I'm trying to choose healthy fish and vegetarian options, but the ice cream and desserts keep jumping off the buffet right on to my plate sometimes. They do have a scale in the gym, in fact there are two scales. The usual digital type of scale is next to useless because the ship doesn't stand still long enough for it to find the reading. It's pretty funny really. They also have a large old balance type scale which does work more or less. I weighed myself on it the first morning as a baseline. I got some better numbers than I expected, but it's hard to know how that scale would compare to my home scale. Sunday morning I got a 202, a 205, and a 208. All of those would be super great considering what I have been eating. This morning was Tuesday, so I went up to the 10th floor first thing in the morning for my official weigh-in. It was 206. I hope that the scale is close to our home scale.

As for exercise, there is a jogging track on the 11th deck. Three times around the track is one kilometer. On Sunday we walked 6 times around it in the cold with high winds blowing us. We stayed far from the railing out of fear! On Monday we walked around it 8 times in sunny but windy weather. Today we hit the jackpot! There was almost no wind, and it was finally warm and sunny. We walked 12 times around, 4K. My goal is to make that 5K tomorrow morning. I have not done a 5K in many months, so I'm excited to think that I can make it tomorrow. Mark did it, too, and that's also very exciting for him.

I have learned how to type the blog entry in the cabin without being logged in. Then I can copy and paste it into the blog in just a few quick minutes once I've logged on. It's good to have Mark to teach me these tricks! I will be checking my emails at least every other day, but I may not always have enough minutes to answer all of them. I hope all of you are doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment