Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday in the Park, with Mickey

Today our plan is to go to Disneyland for the whole day. It opens at 8 a.m. and closes at midnight. I would not be surprised if we were there that entire time. It's been eight years since we have been here, and we do love Walt's original park! This will be my fifth trip into the park and Mark's 8th trip.

Yesterday I ended the day with several miles of walking and 1500 calories at the most, a good day finally. It really did feel good to eat right, especially after a week of eating 3000 and UP calories every day with virtually no walking. I have been maintaining my weight around 208 for over a month. I was sort of hoping for at least some loss on this trip, but after the train ride, I'll be happy if I get home and still weigh 208.

It doesn't look like this hotel has a fitness room or scale anywhere, so on Tuesday I will not be able to have an official weigh-in day for the first time in over a year. Sad. Maybe the hotel in San Diego will have a scale. If not, I'm counting on the ship to have one in the spa/fitness area. Otherwise, I could be in for a big surprise when I get home! Ouch.

This morning we will be having breakfast at the River Belle Terrace restaurant in the park. We had gone to that restaurant in 1987 when we brought the kids, then aged 8 and four months, to Disneyland for their first time. I took a picture of Lowell and Mark eating breakfast at an outdoor table; Mark was holding infant Evey on his lap. When we returned the next time, the kids were 14 and 6. We ate there again and I took a picture of Evey sitting on his lap. The last time we came was 8 years ago. Lowell couldn't come and Evey was 15, I think. Still we went to the River Belle Terrace and I made Evey sit on Mark's lap! Gee, whose going to sit on his lap this morning? I guess there are three choices: no one, me, or some stranger's little girl! Oops, probably seem too weird to ask some stranger to let their little girl sit on the old geezer's lap. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment