Tuesday, March 9, 2010

No Weigh-in this Tuesday

Today is my "official" weigh-in day, Tuesday; however, there is no scale anywhere. I am a little nervous about how much I must weigh after this first week of the trip. Unlike last year's big summer vacation where we ate at Subway and Denny's the majority of the time, we have been eating large meals with lots of carbs at most every meal so far. Ouch. That's a bad combination.

Yesterday we had breakfast at the restaurant next door called Mimi's. Apparently it is a chain and there is one near us in Maryland, but I had never heard of them. They have a Fitness menu plus the calories, carbs, and other nutritional info for every item was listed in the back of their cocktails menu. (Is that weird or is it just me? Who looks there? Oh, yeah, for some reason I did.) Anyway I ordered the Fit Omelette: an omelette of three egg whites, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, and broccoli, sliced tomatoes on lettuce on the side, two slices of whole wheat toast (no butter on it or served with it), cranberry juice. This was listed as 505 calories. Two cups of black coffee and two tiny containers of strawberry jam on the toast completed the meal. That was probably one of the best choices on the menu calorie-wise, yet it was still over twice the calories of my usual breakfast at home.

Lunch was Vegetarian Gumbo in New Orleans Square. That might have been an excellent choice except that I ate virtually all of the bread bowl. I looked around and noticed almost no one else doing that, not even the lid portion on the side. Why is that? The bread part was just spectacular! Who wouldn't want to eat that?

Dinner was back in New Orleans Square at Cafe Orleans. I ordered Creole Ratatouille which was spicy, full of veggies, and served with two large triangles of corn cake sitting on top of it, some shaved cheese, and two stalks of asparagus. I'm hoping that wasn't too high in calories; it was sure high in flavor!

I had nothing else to eat all day, and I walked my feet off. There are finally some small blisters showing up after all this walking.

Today we plan to hit Mimi's for breakfast again, rent the car, and drive to San Diego. There's no reason why we can't eat at Subway and Denny's most of the time in San Diego. We'll try.

No comments:

Post a Comment