Saturday, March 6, 2010

Shabbat in Anaheim

It actually feels good to eat right today. Since it is Shabbat, we do not spend money, so Mark and I went to the hotel gift shop/convenience store yesterday before going to the park and bought our breakfast supplies. This morning I had a 100 calorie box of Cheerios, which I ate dry out of the box, and two slices of American cheese. The room has a coffee maker, so I had two cups. That was it.

We spent the rest of the morning reading the newspaper, playing online, and taking pictures of the hotel grounds. When it was time for lunch, we walked about a mile (18 minutes) down the street to the closest Subway. I had my usual double meat turkey salad for 190 calories. I also had a 35 calories bag of apple slices left over from yesterday's mozzarella stick order in the park.

We plan to walk to Denny's for our usual senior tilapia dinner (about 750 calories all together) and then walk around Downtown Disney and go to the new Alice in Wonderland movie with Johnny Depp.

It will be a day full of eating right and walking a lot. This is always a great combination for me, but it's going to take a lot more than one day to undo the damage of the last week. OY! I hope there is a scale on the ship so that I can see what's happening. I'm sort of regretting my decision not to find a way to get that scale in the luggage!

No comments:

Post a Comment