Friday, August 19, 2011

D23






We spent some glorious days with Evey and had some great times in Jack London Square in Oakland and the Pinball Museum in Alameda. The bus/train ride from San Jose to Anaheim was long but beautiful. Here are a few pictures from all of that.

Now we are in Anaheim with a hotel with good internet. Thankfully! I've missed blogging.

Today's blog will have to be short because we are preparing to head out to breakfast (no free one here in this hotel) and then to the Anaheim Convention Center for the first of three days at the D23 Convention. D23 is an exclusive (meaning expensive) Disney fan club. Mark and Evey are both members. Anyone can attend this particular convention, however, unlike the Expo we attended in Orlando in the spring. Members can bring several guests to both the Expo and the Convention at reduced rates. At this convention, anyone from the general public can also attend, but they pay more.

It's going to be a good day for exercise and low calorie eating today. I have to hike a long block to Subway for breakfast each day. It's two long blocks from there to the convention center, and we've been warned that there is a lot of walking and standing in line at this convention. They also do not allow any electronic devices, like cell phones and video cameras, into certain sessions. They check them in and out. That creates even more lines to stand in. I know they don't want any unauthorized videos suddenly showing up on Youtube. There will be many big stars and big news announcements taking place over these three days.

One of the most exciting things will be seeing Dick Van Dyke perform a musical show with two friends one evening. That should be awesome! Last year Johnny Depp was here to promote the Pirates movie and Betty White was inducted as a Disney Legend. This year Guy Williams (Zorro) is being inducted posthumously, and his son will accept it for him. Also REGIS PHILBIN!! Mark and I LOVE him!! We watch his show almost every morning. We are hoping he really comes to accept and does not send a stand in. Also many of the voices of the princesses are being inducted are coming: Jody Benson (voice of Ariel), Paige O'Hara (voice of Belle from Beauty and the Beast), and several others.

Even though I mostly sat on a bus and two trains all day yesterday, I guess I didn't eat that much. I was 248.5 this morning. Not great, but a heck of a lot better than the 252.6 I saw on the scale last week. It's only two and a half weeks to the wedding and wearing that green, silk dress. I cannot be over 250 for that!!

Also you may have noticed that a comment was removed from the previous post. I have no idea who that person was, but his comment was asking for help for some child in Haiti, although there was no specific info on what kind of help or why the child needed help. Just one weird sentence from someone I never heard of, so I deleted it. I hope I don't get a lot of those things now.


No comments:

Post a Comment