Friday, August 26, 2011

Four Down

I was a very good girl yesterday. Here is what I ate:
Breakfast: 4 Morningstar Sausage Links (160 calories)
Lunch: Subway Double Meat Turkey Salad, no dressing (190)
Dried Apple package (45)
Dinner: Large glass of white zinfandel (150)
Pan fried grouper, 2 small filets (est. 400)
Salad with croutons, no dressing (150)
7 steamed asparagus stalks, no butter (50)
Snack: 1 banana (130)
2 sugar free Jellos (20)

Total: 1295 calories. NOT BAD!!

I didn't do any exercise at all because we had so many errands to do. I drank several glasses of water, some mixed with diet cranberry juice. I was pretty sure that one solidly good day would help me drop a few of the "new" pounds, which are mostly water anyway. I was right. I was down four pounds this morning from yesterday. Yesterday, 253.6; Today, 249.6.

That means I'm still up 3.3 pounds from August 5 when we took off for NC and the beginning of our several weeks away from home. I wrote down my weight that morning and it was 246.3. I think I can get those three, which is more than just water weight, in one good week. I KNOW that my MOB dress will fit at that weight because I had tried it on at that weight! I don't want to be either up or down from around 246 for the wedding because that is the weight that will make the dress fit perfectly. I picked up the dress yesterday, and it looks beautiful. It is currently hanging next to Evey's wedding dress!

There are only TEN days left until the wedding. It's getting very exciting.

Today I am having a long and expensive make over: a pedicure, a full manicure, a complete waxing of every inch of my face (LOL), a hair cut, and a hair coloring again. This is everything I did just before the wedding showers except that I'm having a full manicure instead of just a polish change. Wow! It's going to take four hours, from 10:30 to 2:30, but I should be all ready for the wedding when I'm done.

Mark is also getting his hair and beard trimmed today in preparation for the wedding, and he has to pick up his suit and shirt for the wedding from the cleaners. I guess we can hang it up next to the two dresses! It's getting so exciting!!

We have booked the auto train for Monday. It leaves at 4 p.m. and arrives in Lorton, VA on Tuesday morning. We will be driving to Paramus, NJ that day and on into Boston on Wednesday. We are just hoping that there is no serious hurricane damage in any of the east coast cities, but especially Boston! Hurricane Irene sounds terrible, and I hope everyone on the east coast in the mid-Atlantic and NE areas is safe this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Becky,
    I hope all of the beauty treatment was lots of fun yesterday. I will keep you in my prayers for safety as you travel on the East Coast. I have confidence that you will lose any weight you need to be able to look beautiful in your MOB dress on Evey's special day. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda,
    Yes, indeed, I had a very nice three hours at the salon. It costs a fortune, so I can't do this too often! It was worth it for the wedding, though. We are hoping for an easy trip as well. I will be paying close attention to the weather in these next few days, as everyone on the east coast is.

    ReplyDelete