Wednesday, August 3, 2011

So early

I set the alarm for 5:40 a.m. because I need to leave at 7:30 to head to the bridal salon in Celebration for the penultimate time. At least, I hope it is. I have been there to do the "dress thing" five times already with two more to go. Today I will try it on again to be sure the idea of stitching the bra straps to the dress straps will solve the issue of the straps being too big and gaping open when I sit down. Hopefully it works and there will be no more tweaking needed because I'm running out of time. I am scheduled to go back for the last time on August 25 to pick it up, pressed and cleaned, bagged and ready to drive to Boston for the wedding.

I have to rush right back for an appointment in our house with a new house sitter. We expect that to go smoothly and not take too long. I have a mani/pedi at noon. Then Mark and I are going to use a Denny's special Florida coupon to have lunch. They have Georgia peach French toast which I have been wanting to try. After lunch, we have to drive up into Kissimmee to get Mark's weekly comic book order and to gas up my car for the trip on Friday. If I still have any energy, I will try to go to some stores like Penney's and Macy's to look for a headband or some kind of headpiece for the dress. Evey has suggested it might look good with the dress at the wedding because I don't have earrings. She is probably right, but I don't have much time left to do much looking around.

After dinner, we plan to pack our bags for the upcoming trips. Since our turn-around time Sunday night between the NC trip and the CA trip is very short (and we'd rather spend it sleeping than packing), we are going to pack the bigger suitcase for CA tonight. That way it is just sitting in the house waiting for us to put it in the car. All we need for NC is a small suitcase for a quick three day, two night trip. That will be easy to wash and repack when we get back.

I also plan to wrap my arm in the big bandages tonight. I have been noticing a little bit of stiffness and outright twinges of pain in my arm, so I measured it yesterday. Oh, yeah, it's swelling up again. Darn it! It's already bigger than when I took the wraps off last Thursday afternoon. In fact, some spots are bigger than when I put it ON. Hm...frustrating to think that the machine, the manual lymphatic drainage, and wearing the compression sleeve all day can not keep it down enough so that bandaging isn't necessary twice a week. I really thought I'd get away with wrapping only occasionally, no more than once a month. Apparently, I was wrong. I'm wrapping tonight and then again Sunday night for the flight to CA. Well, as long as it keeps working to keep my arm more or less a normal size then I guess it's all worth it.

It's going to be a long day, so I have to run to the shower right now and get it started.

No comments:

Post a Comment