Tuesday, August 30, 2011

They are in Boston!

Evey and Eric flew on Jet Blue directly from San Jose to Boston overnight. They left at 9 p.m. California time and touched down in Boston at 5:09 a.m. Eastern time. Yay! Their good friend and wedding officiant, Jeremy, picked them up at the airport to take them to their friend's house in the Jamaica Plain area of Boston where they will stay until Friday. At that time they will be moving into the Hilton. How exciting for them!

She texted me when she landed, and I asked her if it felt like "coming home"? She said it was too early and she was too tired yet to know. I bet she feels like it later on when she gets downtown to apply for the marriage license. The four day waiting period meant they had to apply today and pick it up on Friday in order for the Sunday wedding to be legal. I'm so glad they landed safely, so they can get their license.

Mark and I will be driving up to Laurel and staying in a Comfort Inn just off route one in our old hometown. I plan to do a little shopping in my "local" Kohl's or WalMart before dinner when we get there. I am hoping the drive today goes as well as yesterday's. It probably won't, but I don't think it will be the hurricane that causes the problems. Once we get north of Richmond, VA, it will just be the usual Washington, DC rush hour traffic that causes us problems. There are always slow downs and back ups on the northern VA part of I-95, over the Wilson Bridge, and up 295 through DC. Of course, the BW Parkway between the Washington beltway and Laurel moves at a snail's pace almost any time of day. I don't miss that traffic in my new hometown.

Last night we decided to go to Ruby Tuesday for dinner. We have not been to one of those for a long time, and we were very pleased and excited about their menu. There are several different fishes on the menu: salmon, two kinds of tilapia, mahi mahi. They have a lot of different sides, and the calories for anything listed as a Fit and Trim item is listed. I had the Creole Catch (tilapia) which was super delicious with nice spices on it. It came with two sides, so I mixed the grilled zucchini and the grilled green beans (96 calories for BOTH!). I also had salad bar. Of course, I never use dressing! I added a spoon of edamame, a few peas, and a bit of shredded cheese to the usual veggies of lettuce, onion, mushrooms, green pepper, cucumbers, and tomatoes. Delicious! I had two cups of black coffee, no alcohol, no potatoes, no dessert. My one real indulgence was a cheesy biscuit.

Mark never eats bread products, and usually we say not to leave us the bread basket. Sometimes, I make Mark let me have it and eat bread when I'm out of control. Since I was feeling in control yesterday, I told the waiter not to bring the bread. Surprise! As the waiter started to walk away, Mark said, "Now hold on a minute. I do want the bread." What? I was stunned. The waiter then brought a plate of four cheesey biscuits. Mark had decided they just sounded too good and too unique not to try them. OK, I had one; he had one; we let the other two just sit there. He was right! They were AWESOME. Hopefully, my weight is ok today, but I'm not going to check it until tomorrow morning.

Mark did check his blood sugar last night two hours after dinner, and it was 130. He was very pleased that he could eat the fish with a cheesey biscuit, broccoli, and a big blob of garlic cheese mashed potatoes! He was very, very happy!

Well, time to get on to breakfast this morning and then on up the road to Laurel. I'm just so happy and relieved that Evey and Eric have made it safely to Boston. One more step in the wedding process is completed!

1 comment:

  1. I guess I haven't read your blogs for a couple of days. Congratulations on your weight loss. I knew that you could do it. I am so excited for you to have a wonderful time. Enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete