Monday, August 29, 2011

In Florence, SC

Mark and I had an easy drive to Florence. The traffic was light and the weather was perfect. Of course, it took nine hours because it is 480 miles. Still, we are checked into the motel and using the internet. What's bad about that? Soon we will go out to dinner.

The best news of the day is that this morning I was down TWO pounds. That means I lost EIGHT pounds in the five days since we got back from California. I met my goal! Now I have to hang tight for a week and not put it back before the wedding. I was very happy this morning to see 245.7 on the scale! I packed the scale, so I can keep track daily during the trip. With so many miles to drive every day, it's going to be hard to work any exercise in, but I will keep the calories as low as possible. I had my usual breakfast of Morningstar links and yogurt (240) and lunch of a double turkey Subway salad with a bag of dried apple bits (235). Unfortunately, I added six packs of crackers to that (300) and ate a lot of lemon drops in the car as I drove (200???), so that could screw it up for today. Tonight we will eat at our usual place here in Florence, Fatz Cafe. If I skip the bread, the alcohol, and the dessert, I should be fine with fish, veggies, and salad. In fact, almost all restaurants are ok if I stick to fish, veggies, and salad! It's just that sometimes it's hard to say no to the rest.

I have learned that several central MD school systems are closed again tomorrow from power outages after the hurricane. We are driving to Laurel tomorrow, in one of the counties that is closed. I hope they have power when we get there! We also heard that lots of bridges are flooded in CT and parts of NY. On Wednesday we will be driving over the Tappan Zee Bridge, a beautiful bridge that I really love, but it's low to the water for quite a ways. I hope it's ok when we get there. I also heard there were downed trees and power lines on parts of the NJ Turnpike, but hopefully, all of that will be cleared up by Wednesday when we get there, also.

No comments:

Post a Comment